CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 12-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
Tim Trujillo

Profile:
Torn ACL, surgery, recovery, rehab....

Ok, I finally broke down and had my ACL replaced yesterday (donor) this is second ACL same knee and fifth knee surgery overall, Two right and three left. I am a 36 year old Fireman and am running workouts out of my garage 5 days a week to about 15 people. I am on the shelf from full duty for six months. Please share ideas, workouts, experiences, knowledge, support, whatever you can offer me. I rushed back and didn't heal after every one of my previous surgeries. I have to let it heal this time. I start PT on Monday.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Sean Rockett

Profile:
Re: Torn ACL, surgery, recovery, rehab....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Trujillo View Post
Ok, I finally broke down and had my ACL replaced yesterday (donor) this is second ACL same knee and fifth knee surgery overall, Two right and three left. I am a 36 year old Fireman and am running workouts out of my garage 5 days a week to about 15 people. I am on the shelf from full duty for six months. Please share ideas, workouts, experiences, knowledge, support, whatever you can offer me. I rushed back and didn't heal after every one of my previous surgeries. I have to let it heal this time. I start PT on Monday.
listen to your therapist and take it slow, no one heals faster than human beings heal.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

You must know me!! I am actually doing much better now. I have a great surgeon and therapist.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Tim Trujillo

Profile:

You must know me!! I am actually doing much better now. I have a great surgeon and therapist.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
Jeff Sprunger

Profile:

take it very slow and do everything your PT says. 5 surgeries! dude, let me break it down for you, you are a knucklehead (period). give yourself the time to heal, and your body will reward you. I had total knee replacement 10 months ago. doing very well. I'm also 40 and want to continue to lead an active life. i didn't run on my knee for 4 months, and then, it was a run/walk program. at 8 months, my knee still hurt. I am finally getting to the point where I trust my knee again. I run the basketball court with my son's team and do pretty well...but I pay for afterwards...my knee hurts.

not 20 years anymore...