CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Om Puri
Member Om Puri is offline
 
Om Puri's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver  BC Canada
Posts: 235
EliteFTS Bands too big?

My Elite FTS Bands pop off when I squat. When I lower myself into the squat there isn't enough tension, causing the bands to slacken and come off the pins at the bottom.

Is there a fix for this?

These are the bands I ordered from Elite FTS: Bands WFS
__________________
5'8" 165# 38 y.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Preston Sprimont
Member Preston Sprimont is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Foothill Ranch  CA
Posts: 483
Re: EliteFTS Bands too big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Puri View Post
My Elite FTS Bands pop off when I squat. When I lower myself into the squat there isn't enough tension, causing the bands to slacken and come off the pins at the bottom.

Is there a fix for this?

These are the bands I ordered from Elite FTS: Bands WFS
41" is the standard length for resistance bands used for accommodating resistance. I have some of the Rogue bands of the same length. I've only had the opportunity to use them a few times, but I do recall them completely loosing slack at the bottom. I don't think this is a problem in and of itself, but it sounds like your bands are sliding off of whatever they are attached to on the bottom of your rack?
If this is the case, you probably just need to anchor them differently (perhaps like a noose?) or attach them to something else. What, exactly, do you attach the bands to?
__________________
Heart, Mind, and Swole
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Ben Moore
Member Ben Moore is offline
 
Ben Moore's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kansas City  MO
Posts: 593
Re: EliteFTS Bands too big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston Sprimont View Post
41" is the standard length for resistance bands used for accommodating resistance. I have some of the Rogue bands of the same length. I've only had the opportunity to use them a few times, but I do recall them completely loosing slack at the bottom. I don't think this is a problem in and of itself, but it sounds like your bands are sliding off of whatever they are attached to on the bottom of your rack?
If this is the case, you probably just need to anchor them differently (perhaps like a noose?) or attach them to something else. What, exactly, do you attach the bands to?
This...they need to be attached near the ground
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
Om Puri
Member Om Puri is offline
 
Om Puri's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver  BC Canada
Posts: 235
Re: EliteFTS Bands too big?

Thanks guys. I figured it out. I just need to loop it in a noose type thingee at the bottom so it doesn't come off.
__________________
5'8" 165# 38 y.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
Tim Nakashima
Member Tim Nakashima is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bakersfield  CA
Posts: 712
Re: EliteFTS Bands too big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Puri View Post
Thanks guys. I figured it out. I just need to loop it in a noose type thingee at the bottom so it doesn't come off.
Yep, that's it. And make sure there is tension at the bottom. There shouldn't be any slack.
__________________
Golden Empire Training
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EliteFTS Article on Lifting for Women Carl Amolat Community 14 01-26-2011 10:40 AM
To lift big, I will have to get big Tyler Schaeffer Workout Logs 27 12-28-2010 08:45 AM
Medical Bands/stretch bands/jump bands? Gabriel Ortiz Equipment 7 05-14-2008 10:41 AM
Woody Bands vs. Perform Better Super Bands Steve Reggio Equipment 9 04-19-2008 03:17 PM
The Pull-up--EliteFTS article Andy Shirley Exercises 3 04-12-2008 10:44 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.