CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-06-2005, 05:01 PM   #1
Firass Zahabi

Profile:  
Hey guys just wanted to mention how much I love the site and also ask a serious question.

There are different know human energy system ans working them in certain combinations and or organising the week in accordance to the most reasnoble manner so that no particular energy system is overwork. How do you guys handle this problem?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:58 AM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Firass-
We jsut try to keep things changing...and we notice that hanging out in the lactate/glycolytic pathway has favorable adaptations for both the ATP/CP and aerobic pathways. Have you read the free CF journal?
Robb
Old 11-08-2005, 09:30 AM   #3
Firass Zahabi

Profile:  
Rob,

Thank you very much for the post I have now downloaded the free journal and I am now begining to understand. I will try and by all the journals one at a time. Do you recommend any other issue I should start with after I finish the free one.

F.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:40 PM   #4
Neal Winkler

Profile:
There is an issue on Metabolic Fitness if you want to continue looking at that subject.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:25 AM   #5
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Firass-

They are ALL good! Read through the FAQ which describes the content of each. You may also find Art Devany's work to be of interest:
www.arthurdevany.com
Robb
Old 11-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #6
Firass Zahabi

Profile:  
Thanks for the help guys.

I have been reading the journal and it led me to another site which had this statement.

"The bigger take home message is this: Even for you "power-endurance athletes", it is the consistancy and volume of exercise at 70% to 90% of VO2max in your training program that is going to have the single biggest long term impact on your progress, not the number of workouts in which you achieve complete rigor mortis and cotton mouth!."

I'm not sure exactly what this means. Is he saying that we should not go all out anearobicly all the time?

what does he mean?

thanks

F.}
Old 11-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #7
Ian Holmes

Profile:
I think that it is being stated that we don't need to kill ourselves each time we do a workout. Rather push yourself to be staying in a high intensity range where you are almost peaked. Just as power lifters don't go for the gold each time they lift, I don't think we need to completely killing ourselves each time we exercise. Rather we are pushing ourselves hard, in a range just below near death *grin*.