CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
Marc Wheeler

Profile:
For those of you who sub-lease space from another gym, studio, etc.,…

I found a lot of posts about sub-leasing but couldn’t find anything about the following specifics:

How does insurance work? Do you insure yourself or do you fall under the insurance of the facility you’re sub-leasing from?

Do you have to have any other (professional) certifications in addition to CF certs to gain insurance? Do you have to have any certifications at all? Does it vary by state? I’ll be in FL.

Do you have to form an LLC or something similar? What licenses do you typically need and is there a difference if you’re sub-leasing vs. leasing your own facility?

How much does it matter if you get your CF certs after you affiliate? Is it harder to get a sub-lease without any certs in hand (CF or otherwise)?

Any other advice / tips about sub-leasing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2007, 10:00 AM   #2
Rahsaan Kimbrow

Profile:
Re: For those of you who sub-lease space from another gym, studio, etc.,…

i use the insurance that i got after getting my ACE..... ACE has a company that they recommend.....