CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-30-2006, 04:10 AM   #1
Travis Ransom

Profile:
Alright. I was at 17 blocks and going along. Lost the weight I wanted and got my BF where I wanted it to be and now wanted to level out. I upped my block 20, 2 weeks ago. I pretty much maintained my weight over the two weeks. After this past weekend of eating typical holiday cookout food, being out of town and mostly at the mercy of others eating habits, I get on the scale today and have lost 2 pounds. I'm thinking of upping another 3 blocks to 23. Should I go higher then that? Or keep it at a few blocks at a time? I'm at 160lbs right now and would like to work my way back up to 170-175lbs range. I have cut out the cardio I so dear love to do just to keep myself from burning up the extra calories. I'm doing WOD(MWF) and 5x5(T,TH). I follow what I consider a fairly strick zone diet so, hit me with your ideas and thoughts.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Travis-
To halt the weight loss you can multiply the fat you are consuming anywhere fromm 2-5x, so if you are eaitng a 4 block meal that means 8-20 blocks of fat. Once weight has stabilized you can step up your total blocks 2 blocks per week to start gaining muscle. Keep an eye on the mirror. If you start getting pudgy around the midsection cut the fat blocks back a bit as you continue to up your total blocks. If you are foggy headed between meals you are getting too many carbs so cut the carb blocks by 1/4 but make up the calories with more fat blocks.

Let me know if this makes sense!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #3
Nick Cummings

Profile:

Eat more, you will notice if it becomes too much and can eat less. =)
Old 05-31-2006, 05:08 AM   #4
Travis Ransom

Profile:
Rob
Thanks a ton for the reply. It does make sense. I sent you a PM also. Should I drop back to my 17 blocks and multiply fat till I level off then add the blocks back? Thanks again!!!