CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-14-2006, 06:03 PM   #1
Travis Ransom

Profile:
Ok, I have done a search and it seems everything I have read people are pretty much split down the middle. I'm wanting to put on some lean mass. I currently am at 164lbs on a 5'8" frame. I recently was calipered at 5.2% BF and my body mass comp on zoneperfect.com has me at 8%. I am eating at 17 blocks per day. So the big question. Do I start by just adding more fat or by adding more blocks? Should I do one for 2 or so weeks and remeasure and then try the other if unhappy? Which one seems to allow for the least amount of increase in BF. Thanks to all who respond!!!
I'm am so glade I found this site!!
Old 05-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Jonathon Edward

Profile:
Travis,

I'd add 3 more blocks so that you're around 20 total. Give it 2 weeks and adjust from there. Based on my knowledge of the Zone, as well as anecdotal reports from the community, it seems that upping fat blocks is the route for maintenance, whereas upping total blocks (and potentially fat blocks) is the route for gains in LBM.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:34 AM   #3
Travis Ransom

Profile:
Thanks for the reply Jonathon. Also, I usually do some cardio every morning right when I wake up around 5am. Should I cut this out while I'm trying to gain and just do WOD? I usually run around 1.5 miles. Thanks again!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:09 AM   #4
Dave Rounsevelle

Profile:

Travis:
I would change one thing at a time, to see what works. So, I would up my blocks to 20, and keep the same routine.
You have to realize, that gaining 6-8 pounds of lean muscle in a year is an achievment. Half a pound a month is GREAT!! So you have to be patient.
Dave