CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Travis Ransom

Profile:
I am just getting back into the swing of things with crossfit. Without going into all the details. I am able to workout twice a day while at work. I work from 6a-4p Monday through Thursday. I have been trying to do WOD in the am as soon as I get to work and the last hour of the day doing work on my strength movement.

Do you all think I am doing to much in one day??? Do you see any major disadvantages of working like this. Thanks in advance for you help and opinions!!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #2
Milton Grasle

Profile:
Hi Travis. It depends on the workouts and how much/hard/intense the workouts are. You could work out several times a day if the workouts are easy enough. Most crossfit workouts are fairly intense. Even if a new person scales some of the workouts, they are usually going close to their max. If I do a crossfit wokout as RXD, I am never able to do another workout that same day. But I'm just speaking about myself here. Let us know what your workouts consist of.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
Travis Ransom

Profile:
Milton

Thanks a bunch for the reply. I am pretty squared away with how crossfit all works. I was down last year this time to 5-6% BF at 5'8" and 160lbs. However, my wife and I have had our 3rd child and a promotion at work has forced me to have a little different priorites and I fell way off the band wangon. I currently am at about 15-18% BF and 180lbs.

My workout facilities where I'm at now do not compare to what I had available to me at my other fire station. However, I try to make do. I have to do alot of subs for the different excercises.

My goal right now is just trying to get the weight off and just get back into better shape. I feel last year I went a little overboard with the weight loss and BF. I would be happy just getting back down to around 8-10% at around 170lbs.

Todays workout I did a modified Murph starting at 0630.
Mile Run
100 lat pull downs at 120lbs, no where to do pull ups.
100 push ups
200 squats
Mile run
Right around 48 minutes

I did a similiar workout yesterday so I was pretty sore that is why I backed it off today.

Then today at 1500 I did
Deadlift High Pulls 60%of max x 6 x 6
Push Presses 60% of max x 6 x 6
Push/Pull circuit for 10 minutes. Bench press/Seated Rows

Anyways, I don't think I want to stay with this forever, just trying to get a jump on the intial weight loss. We have a new workout room being built which will have a pullup station which I cannot wait for.

Anyways, thats how I have been going at it the last 2 weeks. WOD in morning. Strength traing in the afternoon.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #4
Milton Grasle

Profile:
Travis, those workouts are amazing. I realize you want to get a good start coming back to the X/F workouts, but If I may quote you here you said "last year you went a little overboard with the weight loss and fat reduction." Are you doing the same thing now? I'm not stating that you are doing that, its just a question, because to me that's a real tough schedule you have there. But maybe again you can tolerate that level of exercise. Best Milton.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
Travis Ransom

Profile:
I see what your saying my friend. I guess I should have said that I'm not going to try and be so strict with the diet. I got to the point at times last year if for whatever reason I couldn't make a meal or snack. I really felt it. Guess body didn't have much to pull from.

I should have stated my main goal is better overall fitness. I know the weight loss will come with the hard work. I'm am probably a little over anxious to get started again. My biggest fear is not giving my body enough time to recover. I haven't had any recovery problems yet so. We will see how things go.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Moving to Fitness