CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 05-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
Brett Simmons

Profile:
CF in Golden CO?

I see that there is an affiliate in Golden, CO. Does anyone know where this gym/group is located?

I will be starting a new job there in a few weeks and will be looking for early morning or after 5pm workouts.

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #2
Paul Findley

Profile:
Re: CF in Golden CO?

I don't think Jon Barba does anything for the public, other than some training here and there. He taught some oly lifting at Denver Crossfit that I attended once. He may be the sponsor for the certs at the state trooper's academy. I could be wrong, but the link is a MAILTO: as you probably saw.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Steve Smith

Profile:

Brett -

I am also looking for someone or someplace to work out on the SW side of Denver. I live around Bowles and 470. Summer time is my time to ride to and from work on the bike so traveling very far from there to Kipling/6th would be difficult.

The local rec centers seems to think that a weight room is the most weight you can put in the smallest space. No room to do much at all.

Any ideas?

Steve
Old 05-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #4
Brett Simmons

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Findley View Post
I don't think Jon Barba does anything for the public, other than some training here and there. He taught some oly lifting at Denver Crossfit that I attended once. He may be the sponsor for the certs at the state trooper's academy. I could be wrong, but the link is a MAILTO: as you probably saw.
Thanks Paul -

I did see the email link, but it did look like it was a link to a colorado dps email link. That is exactly why I got a little confused. I will just fire him an email.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:00 AM   #5
Brett Simmons

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
Brett -

I am also looking for someone or someplace to work out on the SW side of Denver. I live around Bowles and 470. Summer time is my time to ride to and from work on the bike so traveling very far from there to Kipling/6th would be difficult.

The local rec centers seems to think that a weight room is the most weight you can put in the smallest space. No room to do much at all.

Any ideas?

Steve
Steve -

I know there is a rec center in Golden, but I am not sure about the stuff in the SW area. I live in the DTC now, but I am keeping an eye on places around belmar, 6th, old arvada, and golden of course.

Where do you tipically get your workouts in at? I joined the colorado athletic club because I found that if you hit it early in the morning most of the free weight area is open for business.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
Jonathan Sabar

Profile:

One of my members knows someone with a CF gym south of Denver (she works in Littleton). I'll see if I can get some info from her. And in the meantime, you're welcome to come check out my place in Broomfield
Old 05-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #7
Brett Simmons

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Sabar View Post
One of my members knows someone with a CF gym south of Denver (she works in Littleton). I'll see if I can get some info from her. And in the meantime, you're welcome to come check out my place in Broomfield
Thanks. Do you know what your WOD will be tomorrow. I might make the drive up and check your place out. What do you charge for a drop in?

Last edited by Brett Simmons; 05-10-2008 at 12:24 PM..
Old 05-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #8
Jonathan Sabar

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Simmons View Post
Do you know what your WOD will be tomorrow. I might make the drive up and check your place out. What do you charge for a drop in?
Ah, and there of course is the rub - As the only trainer there currently, I'm only open Mon - Sat (I'd been working 7 days a week for several months, and decided I couldn't do it anymore). Hmmm...note to self: put hours/days of operation on my site...

Drop-in is $20. If you'd like to come try it out, just give me a call or shoot me an email (jonathan@defylimitations.com) and we'll set it up!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #9
Steve Smith

Profile:

I joined the rec center here - we get a family pass so the wife and kids can hit the b-ball gym and swimming pools, and I can have a free weight area. The pass gives me access to 2 or 3 places, and one (Llly Gulch) has an 'okay' weight area. Not as tight on space as The Peak. I talked to a couple of people and they told that that as long as you skip the time right after school gets out, there are very few people that use the weight area.

The problem I'm going to have is WODs like tomorrow - overhead squats. I can't even attempt them. Not gonna happen there. I'll start working on form with an empty bar, but there is no way that I can ever dump a weight in that place. Well, I could to it once.....

Anyway - I didn't get to do Diane on thusday, so I'll probably go through that tomorrow.

Jonathan, if you can get the info on the CF gym, that would be great to have a place with bumper plates that can be dropped if needed.

Steve
Old 05-19-2008, 07:17 AM   #10
Jonathan Sabar

Profile:

Got the info - unfortunately, it's not in Littleton like I thought.

My client's colleague is Craig Kloppenberg at CrossFit 5280 in Castle Rock. Sounds like a great place, but probably not news to anyone who's been on the crossfit.com site Also may not be any closer to Golden than I am.

Hope this helps. I'll let you know if I find out about anything else close to you.