CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Matthew Sorenson

Profile:
Looking for instructors and/or partner for Orange county, Ca

Im going to open a facility in Orange county, Ca ..if anyone is interested in instructing and/or partnering up send me a pm/email (sorensonxfit@gmail.com.. already purchased equipment and have a agent looking into locations!
Thanks
Old 12-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #2
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:
Re: Looking for instructors and/or partner for Orange county, Ca

what city?

Old 12-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Brian Strump

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Sorenson View Post
Im going to open a facility in Orange county, Ca ..if anyone is interested in instructing and/or partnering up send me a pm/email (sorensonxfit@gmail.com.. already purchased equipment and have a agent looking into locations!
Thanks
Just curious, why purchase all your equipment when you don't know the size of your location, or the expense to get it to where you want it to be?
And if your equipment has been delivered already, now you have to move all that crap?
Old 12-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

This may not be the case with Matt, but it's a drag race to open up out here in SoCal. Getting pretty crowded.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Brian Strump

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner View Post
This may not be the case with Matt, but it's a drag race to open up out here in SoCal. Getting pretty crowded.
IMO, not really the best reason. Just was really more of a question to get him thinking, or maybe learn something I've done wrong.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
Matthew Sorenson

Profile:

I purchased equipment after assessing what size of location i can afford/need and after several meets with my agent i know the areas and what the price per sf is available around orange the market is commercially soft so many things can be negotiated according to my commercial agent ... i also bought the equipment because i need some anyways for my garage lol so i purchased in bulk knew i needed it anyways and yep black friday just happened which helped a little .... as for transport my dad is a truck driver so no issue there and shipping was free to me casa.... The area is crowded wish it wasnt but the boxes in the area are doing well met with most the trainers around that area to get an idea .... i love socal thats where i want to live and the weather and beach are beautiful so why not might be hard but Im financially in a strong position to weather things out for some time and im confident that i will do a great job this is my passion in fact what got me thinking about opening my own facility were friends that i have had the privilege of helping/ practicing on lol ........
that said any suggestions, any at all are appreciated believe me Im not naive to the fact that i have a ton! to learn another thing i love about crossfit so know that any help or personal experience shared with me will be greatly appreciated one reason why i visit this site daily so thank you to all and dont be shy

Last edited by Matthew Sorenson; 12-07-2011 at 11:49 AM..
Old 12-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
Sheldon Victorine

Profile:

just got my level 1 i would sooo be down if i wasnt occupied with this military thing :\
Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #8
Matthew Sorenson

Profile:

I appreciate all the pm's I've been getting in response to this thread.
Please list your experience, certs, and a little background info please when messagimg me...
Also those who wish to partner please list what if any business experience you have and what direction and what you in-vision as far as your ideal box is concerned this will help me discern if we would be compatible business partners...
Thanks!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:05 AM   #9
Eric Patrick Wittenberg

Profile:

Any update here? How did things go down in your search for a biz. partner?