CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-30-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
Chris Pyle

Profile:
Uh, let me say that Angie kicked my butt!! I felt like there were fibers tearing in my forearms as I would do more pull-ups. ANd today they are already sore!!! I believe I am really going to enjoy these crossfit workouts. I am going to try and add Strength Training for Chest, Back, and legs, through dumbbell press, deadlift, and squat, respectively.

But I definately plan on doing the cross fit workouts at least 4-5 times a week. I have also recently started taking Yoga once a week and I may up that, but that really does stretch me out.

Anyway, I'm new and wanted to share, I couldn't even finish angie, I finished all except pull-ups and push-ups!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
Jeff Dale

Profile:
Welcome Chris!

Try CrossFit alone for a couple months and see if you like the results your getting.

I don't know your fitness background, but you may find CrossFit by itself allows proper recovery. You WILL see strength gains from it alone. But if you do too much by adding other strength components to quickly, you may just be sore all the time and overtrained.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
Chris Pyle

Profile:
Thanks for the suggestions Jeff. I have been into bodybuilding on and off, but was tired of walking around with too much muscle on my frame. i never got really big like some, but I want to be functionaly with my strength etc. I will follow your directions for at least 6 weeks to see where it gets me.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
Jeff Chapman

Profile:
Chris,
I see that you are in E'Ville. Used to put some time in down there. Anyway, our CrossFit affiliate should be open Feb.1, we would love to have you stop by sometime you are in Indy.

Jeff Chapman
www.shokfitness.com