CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Ryan McRae

Profile:
Lightbulb Surveying the Box

Anyone have any success with electronic surveys to find out how people liked or didn't like your gym? (Like a 4 question, not one that you should measure in RFT)

If so, any good questions out there?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
Brian Strump

Profile:
Re: Surveying the Box

They bring their friends and family=They liked my gym.

Maybe make a suggestion box instead? Just remember, you can't make everyone happy all the time.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
Ryan McRae

Profile:

That's true. I'm just wondering how to gather information on why they DIDN'T come back and if you can make adjustments to fix that.

Also, you can ask questions like, "Even if you don't join, would you like information about clinics (nutrition, etc.)?" This way they might come back and bring someone. (Thanks for the response Brian.)

I'm working with Crossfit Xystum, figuring out different marketing ideas, getting in clientle.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
Chris Walls

Profile:

In my experience, people who didn't like it and didn't come back couldn't be bothered to fill out a survey on why. Usually when I call them and they tell me they aren't coming back, they typically tell me why, and it's usually because it's either too hard (requires effort and stuff...), can't afford it, not enough time, blah blah....
Old 05-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Chad Cross

Profile:

We survey everyone two weeks after on-Ramp. We ask them mainly about On-ramp but also the transition to group classes. Most of the feedback is positive but there have been a few helpful criticisms.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Ryan McRae

Profile:

Here's a sample survey we use at our box. If anyone wants more info, I'm at ryanmcrae@mac.com

Here you go. Survey.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:42 AM   #7
Keith Martin

Profile:

It seems that price is the primary "reason" as to why they don't come back for my members. Yet they go out and buy things that they enjoy like tattoos and things like that.

I, however, send an email and they generally respond.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #8
Chris Walls

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Martin View Post
It seems that price is the primary "reason" as to why they don't come back for my members. Yet they go out and buy things that they enjoy like tattoos and things like that.

I, however, send an email and they generally respond.
You need to pay attention to the wording they use when price is the reason, if they say "it's too expensive" it's telling you that they don't see the value in it and they feel it's over priced, if they say something along the lines of "they can't afford it" that just means it's out of their budget, but they see the value. In the 2nd case I would be willing to talk trade/partial trade with them, if people are not seeing the value in it and think you're overcharging, then you need to re-evaluate the price point, or do a better job of showing the value of what you're offering. Just my take on it, YMMV.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #9
Keith Martin

Profile:

Point taken and I believe you are right. (I'm reading "Raving Fans" )
The 2 that stopped over price stated that they couldn't afford because of their situation, one person got a pay cut, the other needed a place to live.

However, the problem going even lower in rate provides a problem. They were at an intro rate that I thought fair because they were the first of my 8 clients when I started training. At a rate point, you devalue the service you provide and become "this guy I know does workouts" instead of being look at as a professional who is providing a professional service.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
Chris Walls

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Martin View Post
Point taken and I believe you are right. (I'm reading "Raving Fans" )
The 2 that stopped over price stated that they couldn't afford because of their situation, one person got a pay cut, the other needed a place to live.

However, the problem going even lower in rate provides a problem. They were at an intro rate that I thought fair because they were the first of my 8 clients when I started training. At a rate point, you devalue the service you provide and become "this guy I know does workouts" instead of being look at as a professional who is providing a professional service.
Yup. I haven't had any success with discounts, etc. Trades of services on the other hand...