CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 02-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #41
Benji Whitehead

Profile:
Re: Interview with the future UFC MW champ

Dana White says Silva vs. GSP is next. I can't wait for Silva to destroy him and then move up to LHW and hold all three belts if that's even possible.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #42
Aaron Evans

Profile:

Silva the best at 185? Yep. Silva beating GSP? I think so. Silva taking the 205 belt? Lets not put the cart before the horse.
I'm not saying he wouldnt be a contender, he most definitely would---but lets be real about it, he'd be fighting MUCH stronger, MUCH bigger guys. If a wrestler (lets say Rashad Evans) put him on his back like Chael Sonnen did at 205---he's not slapping on a triangle a walking away from that (add to that, the fact that Chael Sonnen is a submission waiting to happen). Lets also not forget that a 185lb Chael Sonnen took Silva down AT WILL. Wont be hard for the same to happen with a decorated wrestler that outweighs him by 25+lbs at fight time.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #43
Milton West

Profile:

All I have to say is... http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/...74/246usz7.gif (WFS)
Old 02-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #44
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Evans View Post
Silva the best at 185? Yep. Silva beating GSP? I think so. Silva taking the 205 belt? Lets not put the cart before the horse.
I'm not saying he wouldnt be a contender, he most definitely would---but lets be real about it, he'd be fighting MUCH stronger, MUCH bigger guys. If a wrestler (lets say Rashad Evans) put him on his back like Chael Sonnen did at 205---he's not slapping on a triangle a walking away from that (add to that, the fact that Chael Sonnen is a submission waiting to happen). Lets also not forget that a 185lb Chael Sonnen took Silva down AT WILL. Wont be hard for the same to happen with a decorated wrestler that outweighs him by 25+lbs at fight time.
Silva walks around at heavyweight. He cuts a lot to get to 185. He's the size of a 205er. Did you seem him against Forrest? Last night Joe Rogan talked about how Forrest was big for a 205er and him and Silva were about the same size, Silva was only 2 inches shorter.

Plus Chael's kind of big too.

That being said, I think GSP is big too.

It'll be interesting. If GSP can put him on his back and keep him there like Chael Sonnen did (even though chael is bigger than gsp) then it'll be bad for Silva. But if GSP isn't strong enough to keep him there then it could be bad for GSP because he can't play the Koscheck jab game with Silva.

Last edited by Jason R O'Dell; 02-06-2011 at 10:20 AM..
Old 02-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #45
Troy Becker

Profile:

Whoa...

Sorry, Celio...
Old 02-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #46
Matt Payne

Profile:

Well that was an awesome K.O for sure! Anderson walks around at 220 so barely Heavy Weight but would be nice to see him @ 205 for sure. I didn't like that match up with Belfort anyway. Good strikers never do well against Anderson nor do BJJ Blackbelts. The best match up , or worst for Anderson is against a strong Wrestler for sure. I like GSP's chances on the ground only....As far as LHW, I think Jon Jones is the future there and he reminds me of an Anderson that can wrestle... future looks good!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #47
Matt Payne

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Whitehead View Post
Dana White says Silva vs. GSP is next. I can't wait for Silva to destroy him and then move up to LHW and hold all three belts if that's even possible.
Now , now don't get too wrapped up in the excitement.... he has a long, long way to go before that happens.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #48
Troy Becker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Payne View Post
Anderson walks around at 220
Where did you hear this?
Old 02-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #49
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Becker View Post
Where did you hear this?
Have you looked at the guy? He's big. Watch his fight with Forrest again, he's every bit as big. What do you think he walks around at? 200?
Old 02-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #50
Mark Sands

Profile:

I had read somewhere that said between training camps Anderson would get upwards of 230 or so. I wish I could remember where I saw it so I could point you there to read it. But, at any rate Anderson is a pretty large man. If he was any smaller than Forrest it wasn't by much.