CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
Brian Wahl

Profile:
Re-starting CrossFit

I've got a bit of experience with CrossFit. I discovered the website sometime around March or April of 2008, and I've done the main-site WOD's (scaled to Pack from BrandX) off and on ever since. I should say it's been way more off than on, and recently I've had a lot of life changes come at me. My wife and I moved half-way across the country. I quit my old job and moved here without any employment (we moved for my wife's job), and I've struggled to find full-time work and adjust to all of this. Needless to say, my fitness goals have kind of taken a back-seat for the last 3 months or so.

So, I'm making a decision to make my health and fitness a priority. I can give you all kinds of reasons why I've slacked, but at the end of the day, they're just excuses.

I'm 30, 5'11", about 200-205 lbs. I've been somewhat fit in the past - played football in college, etc, but I'm pretty out of shape right now. I can run a 5K in about 28-30 minutes, do maybe 7 or 8 pull-ups in a row, deadlift somewhere between 250 and 275 lbs. I've also been eating like crap lately, which needs to change immediately.

Here goes...