CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
Matt DeMinico

Profile:
DeMinico Power Output Calculator

I've spent some time over the past God knows how long putting together an excel spreadsheet that will calculate your power output for every single workout you ever do, ever. I'm not going to write much about it here, because most of the info is already duplicated at the link below on our site at Motor City CrossFit.

This calculator has *everything* you could possibly need, and it calculates YOUR power output for your exact body dimensions. Here’s the features of this nifty little program:

* Calculates your power output for any workout.
* Quickly displays customized power output for you based on your weight, height, body length segments, etc)
* Has functionality for any girl or hero WOD.
* Will be adding other common WOD’s in the future (Filthy 50, etc)
* Make *sure* you enter your body data in the “Anthropometry” worksheet before using the calculator. You only need to enter this data once.

It allows for custom workouts as well as benchmarks, and the benchmarks already have the weights used and everything in there. So there's a men's and a women's version (men's with men's weights, women's with women's).

http://www.motorcityCrossFit.com/?page_id=1260 (w/f safe)

I hope this becomes a CrossFit standard, it's easy to use, and like we always say, power output is key. Heck, just read the link I posted and you'll understand. Download links are at the bottom.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
Jason David

Profile:
Re: DeMinico Power Output Calculator

nerd
Old 03-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
Daniel Olmstead

Profile:

Holy crap that's a lot of work! Thanks for sharing this, Matt, I can see it coming in really useful.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
Darrell E. White

Profile:

That's gonna get a lot of use, Matt. Thanks for the development and thanks also for your generosity in throwing it out to the community.

--bingo
Old 03-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Tom Woodward

Profile:

Cool stuff Matt. Gotta love the VLOOKUP. Thanks for putting this together.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #6
Matt DeMinico

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason David View Post
nerd
Love you too. What, you unhappy just because you have a shorter range of motion on your movements short man?
Old 05-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #7
Matt DeMinico

Profile:

I've been considering making this thing LOOK more simple, I think a lot of people took a look at it and said "holy crap". What have you guys found as far as use? I've been using it somewhat for programming lately.

Honestly, I think if this got incorporated into a log, we could actually graph someone's power curve over time, and watch how it changes. You'd be able to compare your fitness with dis-similar workouts.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #8
Jae Chung

Profile:

Matt,

I almost bumped this a couple of weeks ago b/c I felt like it wasn't getting enough love. First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to make this and then sharing it with the community. It looks like it was a huge amount of work.

I really like the idea of being able to compare power output over dissimilar activities!

I haven't played around with this yet as I have been busy with the usual end-of-the semester madness, but I will plug my numbers in soon. I do think it looks intimidating to some people (including me, and I'm not exactly a technophobe). That said, you've created a killer product and you're letting people have it for free, so I don't know how much more time you want to invest in making it even more user-friendly.

Thanks a ton for making this!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
Matt DeMinico

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Chung View Post
Matt,

I almost bumped this a couple of weeks ago b/c I felt like it wasn't getting enough love. First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to make this and then sharing it with the community. It looks like it was a huge amount of work.

I really like the idea of being able to compare power output over dissimilar activities!

I haven't played around with this yet as I have been busy with the usual end-of-the semester madness, but I will plug my numbers in soon. I do think it looks intimidating to some people (including me, and I'm not exactly a technophobe). That said, you've created a killer product and you're letting people have it for free, so I don't know how much more time you want to invest in making it even more user-friendly.

Thanks a ton for making this!
Heck, if it gets people the results they need to be healthy and stay alive and productive, I'll spend a ton of time on it. Just trying to gauge what folks think.