CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #11
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

I envy you someone to do this with, good job on the slam ball and the bubbles. Homework sounds fun too. I went looking for swim paraphernalia today, supposedly fins may keep me from sinking but no luck .
How much would Amy charge me if you put me on speaker phone during your workout for invisi-coaching? I am about half serious.

My belated condolences on the dogsh*t-a-palooza. I just went through that with a sick dog for several months something was coming out of one end or the other of this poor dog. I found a couple little turds at the bottom of the stairs on a busy rug and called out to a friend. Watch out there's little sh*t over here by the door and he said I already found it - in his bare feet, hahahha considering she used to be his dog. But payback was swift, a few days later I stepped in something that adhered to the bottom of my foot like a big pancake of utter slimy green black grossness. I honestly do not know which end of her it came out of. OMG is was disgusting.
Dogs gotta love'em.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #12
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

Re:doo-doo. Yes, my new puppy went very quickly from, "oh, puhleeze don't put her outside in the dog run! She's just a baaaaby!!", to, " What? 19 degrees you say? She'll be fiiiiiine outside, really---she likes the cold!"

Re: working out together. I talk about you all the time while I'm over there anyway, so you may as well be there to suffer with me. Seems like with all the technology out there, we could rig up a webcam on both ends. You could have 4 cameras pointing at you so Amy could watch your form. (She's huge on correct form!). And Amy and I could have headcams on so you could see Amy thru my eyes and me thru her eyes. Yes, this could work. We all might get motion sickness, but hey, nausea is nausea in my book!

S.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #13
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

Hmm webcams don't people do stuff on line and get paid for that? Some how I do not think we would be as inviting as the puppy cam that now half the world is watching.

I RAN A 10K! you would not believe how long it took but I did it.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #14
Sharon Goff

Profile:

Yippee Jill!!!!
Congratulations! I don't think I could even walk a 10k in my current condition.
Was it local? Did you freeze? And, I saw on one of your posts that you were in jeans you hadn't fit in in years! So, see, things are good on your end of the world!

I have my 1 month weigh/measure on Monday. We'll see how my 'end' is firming up.
S
Old 11-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #15
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

I don't run anything i.e., as in a race that I have to pay for because of Triathlon fundraising. If I have any extra money it goes there. This was just my normal run location along the river. Down and back is four miles with a one mile double back on the far end so I couldn't get out of running back home, which I needed to do in a big way. I "thought of you" how nice because this was the first time ever I have been stricken with the urge to relieve myself (ala puppy) tail end of the run. Barely made it through the door, hahhaha.

I am going to the doctor's too Dec 1. Should be interesting too, to see my numbers. We can compare. Any better on the IBS front? I had the opposite experience with that stuff. Ate a forbidden (no fried food was ordered) chip at the lab, blew up like a balloon and sh*t myself at school OMG. Good grief that was aweful, about all I could eat was white rice and jello. No cruciferous veggies, no soda water, nothing oily. Man did it suck. Last kid changed that - how odd. Got pregnant and it was gone for good.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:10 PM   #16
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

I have issues with being cold. I get really perimenopausally hot when I run and can end up in short sleeves in weather like this. I hate to be hot while exericsing but am freezing all the rest of the time. I wore a long sleeved Reebok shirt and a vest and under armour pants which I must say worked great. I got too hot under the vest (soaked it) but couldn't take it off. I had gloves at one point but forgot them. I needed them the first half. Left bald head uncovered too, probably should have had a hat on. Shift around next time to a new combo to be more compfortable.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #17
Sharon Goff

Profile:

IBS: I've always had an icky stomach. From age 20-30 I actually starved myself days before having to go anywhere (shopping, appts.) because I was so scared of being sick away from my home turf! NOT a good weight management program! I think that is a lot of the reason why I can't seem to get any weight off now. My metabolism is dead.
Anyhow, now my tummy is all one way or the other, and, trying to go cold turkey into Paleo, pretty much did me in. Today, praise Jesus, I pooped a ton and I'm eating prunes and apples and drinking hot tea galore. Hopefully I won't be chasing 3 year olds out of the bathroom on Monday to relieve myself!
In other news: My body would simply NOT do lunges today. It was the most frustrating thing ever. It was as if my lower body were made of lead. I'd get in position, kneel down, and that was it. Nothing. I tried both legs several times, lengthened/shortened my stride. Dead legs. Isn't that weird? So, I e-mailed Amy and she said my body must still be trashed from that horrendous workout on Wednesday (how pathetic am I?) and, for me to stretch lots and drink fluids and don't do anything tomorrow, not even clean house or do yard work!!! How cool is that?
Recap: I'm pathetic, but, have a written excuse for work. I'd say that's a decent trade-off.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:10 AM   #18
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

Absolutely if she says rest then do it. Woohoo free pass. Sorry about the IBS, I know it's miserable.

Next time you try lunges do this (NOT UNTIL YOU REST FIRST). She has probably told you this already. I could not do lunges at all at first then watched a Crossfit video. I was like trying to "pull up" with the back leg. My power lifting buddy, when I asked him said "you are just too week". What an a*s, no help at all. So I looked it up and found I was supposed to have all my weight over my front foot which I was not doing and you push up with the front leg back leg more follows along. I may not be describing this right. After that I could do them just fine. I think it is a video on walking lunges. If you can find it it is well worth watching, helped me immensely. I was not engaging the right muscles and I would get down there and like you not be able to get back up.

Kudos on being able to do burpees, I can't really. I have shoulder issues and have a terrible time with pushups. And the squat thrust part doesn't work very well for me either.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:06 AM   #19
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Post Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

My body and I have come to an understanding. I think. We'll see....

Monday's workout:
I can't remember the warm-up, I was talking too much.
Jump ropex50
kettle bell throws? x21
jumping pull-ups x9
3 rounds

Things I hate about myself: getting out of breathe,no, worse than that, not being able to breath after, like 5 jumping ropes.
I also hate that I worry about getting out of breathe for a good 12 hours before the workout.
Also, I H-A-T-E that I can NOT seem to change my appearance no matter how hard I work at it!!
Things I love about myself: I love that I can do kettle bell throws. I love that I have a strong constitution. I L-O-V-E that I can laugh at myself. I love that I can tell I'm getting better at form and function of this CF thing. Oh, and I love my trainer Amy who is working every bit as hard as I am, and even though she won't admit it, I think she probably cries over me too. IU Amsie Wamsie! (and you're girls too)
Pinky
Old 11-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
Sharon Goff

Profile:
Post Re: Pinkalicious Posts: Pouts & Praise

I skipped out on my workout today!! I had the most starving day today---it was that horrible shaky kind of weak hunger and I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't...........
I must prepare to die on Friday morning. Oh well, the dread will at least keep me from eating too much Thanksgiving feast tomorrow.
Pinkity