CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 05-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
Bryant A Buchanan

Profile:
Rowing Plan

My Model D has finally arrived and I set it up.

I have it in my apartment and am looking to use it pretty much every morning or every night before bed on morning's I don't do PT or have an metcon wod.

What would be a good rowing setup for me? I don't run much so i am going to supplement the rower for most of the running that isn't wod related.

I want to get in a 10K and a few 5K's a week and a few HIIT cycles(6 500m for time or something). Is there any kind of rotation any of you guy's use?

I'm looking to increase my cardio endurance, on top of increase cardio for WODS.

Last edited by Bryant A Buchanan; 05-07-2008 at 02:26 PM..
Old 05-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
Jay Cohen

Profile:
Re: Rowing Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant A Buchanan View Post
My Model D has finally arrived and I set it up.

I have it in my apartment and am looking to use it pretty much every morning or every night before bed on morning's I don't do PT or have an metcon wod.

What would be a good rowing setup for me? I don't run much so i am going to supplement the rower for most of the running that isn't wod related.

I want to get in a 10K and a few 5K's a week and a few HIIT cycles(6 500m for time or something). Is there any kind of rotation any of you guy's use?

I'm looking to increase my cardio endurance, on top of increase cardio for WODS.
Bryant;
Visit the C2 Website, check out their massive(love using that term) database of workouts along with the fact of getting your own Weblog and rank yourself with others around the world.
That is the place to talk rowing workouts, form, etc.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
Leslie Powell

Profile:

Do a search for The Pete Plan which is a good basic training program that seems to be well regarded in C2 land.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #4
Dan Ensing

Profile:

Most of the time I row a fixed distance, but that started to get boring. A few weeks ago I was playing with the PM3 monitor and found a cool workout that rowed four distances (2000m, 1500m, 1000m, 500m) with a rest between each (cannot recall the rest time). Anyway, I really enjoyed it and it seems to breakup the boring 5000m row.

Dan
Old 05-08-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
Helmut Block

Profile:

concept 2 website. they have a cool 30 day workout plan that keeps it fun.