CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #11
Brandon Oto

Profile:
Re: The 'Can anyone top this?' Contest

LOL... Karin, I thought at first that was looking from the top down on a huge cliff face, and was thinking, "wait a minute... where's her protection? this girl's insane!"

Then my perspective shifts and I see the mat... oh well.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #12
Gina Johnson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Rosenberg View Post
Thanks, Gina! But Jay Cohen asked me to change it, said it made him cringe! I'm rather fond of my Pukie photo, myself; although I wanted to smack Jason when he followed me with that camera.

I am astonished by Karin Kellerman's underhang climbing shot, myself....

I'll put pukie back for a little while...shhhhhhhhhh..........don't tell Jay!
Susie
Yeah!!!!!!! (I'm amazed at my lack of maturity from time to time.) You mean you're really puking? I thought you were just posing for the camera! I mean it's not like Melissa really does pullups dressed like that in her shower. Very impressive Susie!!

Karin's is a beauty

And yes Wade, I need to focus on the strength and vulnerabilty that exudes from this incredible sculpture and NOT the perfectly porportioned (and sculpted) tight hiny.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #13
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina Johnson View Post
Yeah!!!!!!! (I'm amazed at my lack of maturity from time to time.) You mean you're really puking? I thought you were just posing for the camera! I mean it's not like Melissa really does pullups dressed like that in her shower. Very impressive Susie!!

Karin's is a beauty

And yes Wade, I need to focus on the strength and vulnerabilty that exudes from this incredible sculpture and NOT the perfectly porportioned (and sculpted) tight hiny.
Ummmmmmmmmmm, yeah, I was really puking. I think we did a workout with bear complexes that day. See how wet the back of my shirt is? I was totally fried.

I grabbed the wastebasket and ran into an empty racquetball court so I could puke in private, but the basta...ummm, my trainer followed me, camera in hand. He's b-a-a-a-a-d.

I am somehow inordinately proud of that photo, I think that was the hardest workout I ever did, I remember how a couple of times I had tunnel vision. It was the day I first understood "intensity."

Susie
Old 04-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #14
Melissa Urban

Profile:

Um, I actually DO pull-ups dressed like that, off that very shower rod in the ladies' room at my office. (Just not while the shower is running.) It's my GTG-at-Work program.

Some outfits are easier than others. Suit jackets tend to constrict the return to dead hang.

Thanks for the shout-out!
Melissa
Old 04-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #15
Tim Newsome

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Byers View Post
Um, I actually DO pull-ups dressed like that, off that very shower rod in the ladies' room at my office. (Just not while the shower is running.) It's my GTG-at-Work program.

Some outfits are easier than others. Suit jackets tend to constrict the return to dead hang.
That might just be the coolest thing I've read on these boards. It almost makes me wish I had to dress up for work, so I could be as cool as you.

Tim
Old 04-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
Susie Rosenberg

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Byers View Post

Thanks for the shout-out!
Melissa
OMG....Melissa, that's just the damned coolest thing I've ever seen. It makes the "Got Milk" campaign look insipid. We could caption it, "Got Pullup?" I LOVE it!

Susie
Old 04-19-2008, 05:11 PM   #17
Jeff R Tucker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Rosenberg View Post
OMG....Melissa, that's just the damned coolest thing I've ever seen. It makes the "Got Milk" campaign look insipid. We could caption it, "Got Pullup?" I LOVE it!

Susie
I think we got a T-shirt here starring us all in the face. With your permission of course Miss M?
Old 04-20-2008, 07:13 AM   #18
Frederic Giraud

Profile:

WOW

Melissa, I can't believe you went forward with that photo of you @ work doing your GTG in a suit from the shower bar! Major Kudo's lol

As I said in the other thread, I don't think it could get hotter...woman, suits, pull-ups....whoaaaa

Also thanks Gina for letting us all know, we might have all found out while reading another of Melissa post, but put in context like this it made me remember the other thread hehe.
And no... I don't think someone could top this....at least in a gentleman point of view...

You girls are hawt, keep rockin'
Old 04-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #19
Jenwa Lapti

Profile:

Is it true that Mr. Glassman doesn't workout because of a knee injury even though there are many people with far worse disabilities training hard?
Old 04-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #20
Steven Low

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenwa Lapti View Post
Is it true that Mr. Glassman doesn't workout because of a knee injury even though there are many people with far worse disabilities training hard?
Knee injuries are pretty serious, heh. I have one myself which is really prohibitive of doing a lot of stuff.