CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 06-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
John Vernon

Profile:
Been doing some research online and wanted to ask if anyone had some tips on good places to train in OC, particularly south OC. Just moved to the area and am looking for a place to train after work before I commute home to SD.

Trained at a couple other places where there were a lot of attitudes/egos , even from the instructors. I've heard good things about the APEX team and Jeremy Williams. Any and all opinions concerning MMA schools is much appreciated.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:17 PM   #2
Becca Borawski

Profile:
I've met Jeremy Williams and he was a really cool guy. I don't have any first hand experience training with him, but have a number of friends who are pro-fighters that say he's a great teacher and has a good group of guys to train with.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
John Vernon

Profile:
thanks Becca
Old 06-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:
One of my good friends trains at apex and is really impressed with the amount of talant. We use to go to ocdojo when chris was still there, but have not been back there since.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:43 AM   #5
Paul Alvarez

Profile:
Location: Long Beach for school, Maui and San Jose are home  CA
How about for the Inland Empire? I seen a few places online located in walnut and Rancho, you heard anything good from out this way?
Old 06-19-2006, 08:17 AM   #6
Becca Borawski

Profile:
Millennia is in Rancho and has some great fighters there -- Mac Danzig, John Alessio, Gabe Ruediger, Romie Aram, etc. Here's the website: http://www.millenniajiujitsu.com/ -- although be forewarned some of the info is really out of date, 'cause Javi Vasquez isn't associated with them anymore, but he's still listed as an instructor. I think the contact info and class times are correct, though. I think, from how it's been described to me, that 'classes' vary between open practice and actual classes depending on who's around and who feels like teaching - it's worth checking out though.

Javi has his own school out in La Habra now, you can check it out at www.showtimejiujitsu.com