CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:

I've always been very impressed with the caliber of people in the CrossFit community both athletically and professionally and want to be further impressed. I had to make up a resume for the folks that hired me for that Bosnia teaching trip for an upcoming Kosovo adventure and I thought it might be fun for us to share our resumes and learn a bit more about each other. Here's mine, show me yours.

Last edited by Eugene R. Allen; 10-02-2007 at 08:41 PM..
Old 06-12-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
Tim McFarland

Profile:
Well, ok...it looks a lot different from yours, but here it is:

(Edited to remove resume, at Tim's request -- David Wood)
Old 06-12-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
Nadia Shatila

Profile:
Tim, I had no idea you lived in Seaside, OR! I love going there for a long weekend in the summer!

My resume is completely outdated as I am in the beginning stages of a career change. I'll see if I can dig up my most recent one.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:43 AM   #4
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Now look at that - now I know that Tim's a music guy and that handstand girl Nadia likes Seaside. A career change...great time to dust off the old resume and spring the new one on us for the community to help you tweak. Can you imagine a better collection of helpful Hannah's to look over your shoulder while you put the new one together? This is a think tank of the most practical thinking, successful people in every kind of endeavor you could imagine. Whatever it is you about to go do, I'll be there are a bunch of CrossFitters that are doing it already.

I wish I had some musical sense about me. I don't know a treble clef from a cleft pallet (OK, now I do since I googled it...looks like an ampersand) and the idea of looking at a musical score and having it mean something facinates me. It's cool what people know how to do.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:05 AM   #5
Nadia Shatila

Profile:
Eugene, thanks for the idea of having the community help me tweak my resume! I've gotta run right now but will dig up and post the old/new one this afternoon. Don't laugh, I don't have much experience...only been out of college 5 years.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #6
Tim McFarland

Profile:
Nadia, Seaside is a great place to spend a weekend. As a place to spend 2 years...not so much.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #7
David Wood

Profile:

Very cool idea, but I'd suggest removing any personal contact info stuff (address, phone #, e-mail) before posting . . . unless you *like* spam, or other even less attractive forms of attention.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
Sarah Childs

Profile:
Tim, my sister went to Willamette! She's finishing up her masters at Lewis and Clark now. Not Zone-friendly, but was Konditerei around when you were there?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #9
Ian Carver

Profile:
OK, I'll play - it sounds interesting. I too am impressed by depth of intelligence and experiences of those in this community. I took my LE resume and tweaked it a bit, so here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: doc LE Resume - 4cf.doc (33.5 KB, 493 views)
Old 06-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #10
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Ian - I think I told you that my sister lives in Santa Rosa and our family grew up there. I went to Piner HS and SRJC. I'll bet it's hot already there in Sacto. You were in Santa Cruz...had you discovered CF by then? Surely you knew Greg A. while you were there at SCSO. Graphic Design to SWAT cop. Interesting dichotomy there as I don't think of Graphic Designers as door kickers for some reason. K9 and SWAT...man you really like to kick back and take it easy at work. Not. Silver Star of Valor, Major Incident Ribbon, man, you're a regular Audie Murphy. Well done Ian. Next time I'm out visiting my sister I'll make a point to come out your way and take you up on the workout offer. I'm old and frail though, take it easy on me.