CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
John Frazer

Profile:
It's been a while since we had a thread bashing commercial gyms, so here goes --

On the doorstep of our office today I found a pile of fliers from what I gather is a fairly chichi gym with a couple branches in DC.

In one of the articles, they publish replies to comments they get in their suggestion box. And I quote:

"Please, please don't drink your Starbucks while on the cardio equipment. The smell of your coffee is sickening to those of us who take our cardio seriously."

"Reading and weights: ... I'm considerate of people's time between reps but if it's a time long enough to read an article or a few pages, they should at least get up and off the machines."

"Can a rule/guideline be established that asks members to limit the amount of cologne they wear? Last time I checked, this was a gym, not a bar."

Another one on that theme drew a good response:

Q: "Please discourage your members from wearing cologne or perfume."

A: "How?"

Another person complained that the locker room doesn't provide Q-tips.

However, the manager does provide some appropriate responses:

Q: "The towels frequently smell like sweat. Please do not overstuff washers and dryers ..."

A: "Actually, we don't have any washers or dryers. We just refold them. I guess that's why they smell like that." (Unfortunately she didn't leave it at that, but went on to promise they'd check the detergent dispensers.)
Old 06-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #2
Cole Hanley

Profile:
How about: "Make the scary people in the gross clown t-shirts go away."

"Please discourage members from making sweat angels on the floor of the lobby."

"Vomit buckets should be rinsed after EVERY use."
Old 06-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
Frank Menendez

Profile:
The manager told me not to dirty the walls with my feet when doing handstands... now i don't use a wall! MUHAHAHAHAHAH :-)
Old 06-05-2006, 05:17 AM   #4
Erik Preston

Profile:
I couldn't resist the temptation to add a few rounds of the following complex in my Big Box chipper (my CF affliate is 45 minutes away, vs. 2 minutes to the Big Box):

Power clean (nice foot stomp) to front squat to push jerk to back squat.

As if on cue, a couple of trainers swarmed in like bouncers at a bar fight and quietly admonished me on the fine print in the house rules... One then returned to coaching a guy on the hip adductor machine.

My bad...