CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 12-25-2005, 11:20 AM   #1
Mike Humphries

Profile:
first off, merry christmas to all!

ok this doesn't have anything to do with working out, but it's the only message board i read so i have nowhere else to discuss.

we all just got done rolling our eyes and being annoyed with one liberal paper, the ny times. i woke up christmas morning and checked out the washington post's website. i see a story called 'tales of christmas woe' and think it's probably funny stories about stuff that happened on christmas. well i was wrong. it's a bunch of stories about really sad depressing events that ruined christmas for people. included are stories about the time dad had a massive heart attack and spent christmas in the hospital, one about the christmas when the cat drowned in the neighbor's pool and another about the christmas when mom took the kids and left dad.

can anyone out there who works in newspaper explain to me why the post thought it was a good idea to run this as a front page story? on second thought, it does relate to crossfit. an organization with such a negative outlook on life clearly has not done many WODs or this story would never have appeared.

anyway here's to a 2006 full of deadlifts, squats, pullups and pukie. hope you are all having a great holiday season!