CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-22-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
Jason Berger

Profile:

I just did 12 pistols each leg (alternating legs instead of straight sets) and felt I could've ground out 15 or 16 if I really pushed myself. One month ago I could do 3, maybe 4 if I really pushed myself.

My bench 1RM went from 215 to 220lbs, an impressive gain considering my rate of progress over the last 2 years. Also, I haven't benched for a month and felt really rusty. If I was in the groove I might've been able to put up 225, or at least 220 in picture-perfect form. :-)

My endurance is up, something that is obvious by my last few BJJ classes.

And today I did 25 pull-ups, pyramiding them 1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4. Last time I tried I struggled to do 16, going 1,2,3,4,1,2,3. I don't know if this is a gain in strength so much as my weight dropped from 222lbs to 212lbs since I started Crossfit and a paleo/zone/intermittent fasting hybrid.

I didn't get a chance to test my deadlift, but I was doing a 1rm of 325lbs. I'm curious to see how this changed.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
Jason Berger

Profile:

Every BJJ class this week has been a vindication of crossfit. I'm pulling moves out of nowhere simply because I'm not exhausted. There was a funny moment today where someone was trying to pass my guard and I was trying to sweep him, but he had my legs tied up and I couldn't take advantage of his precarious position. Then it hit me: what happens if I pull with my shoulder...? I pulled from a position of zero leverage, pretty much doing a lateral raise movement against his collar... but it was enough to topple him. I was shocked as hell, but spun and took side control in microseconds.

It feels good. Endurance, speed, power.