CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
James Yeh

Profile:
Anyone have any experience with Iron Woody bumper plates? They look high-quality.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Iron-Woody-25-kg-Pair-of-Bumper-Plates_W0QQitemZ260111839779 QQihZ016QQcategoryZ28067QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem
Old 05-04-2007, 10:53 PM   #2
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
James,

You can get better deals in many places. I have not seen or used Iron Woody's, but if your looking for good deals on good bumpers look around. Check out Glenn Pendlay's site for some great deals with free shipping, you will automatically save almost $100 . I haven't bought plates from him but I have the same plates that I bought local in California, great plates. Also Check out Jon Gilson's deals, he also has good stuff with better pricing.

There are many better deals (IMO) around price wise. All links w/f/s:

Pendlay: http://store.wfwclub.com/plates.html

Gilson: http://againfastergill.blogspot.com/...er-plates.html

Good luck, I am sure many others will have great suggestions as well, hopefully you haven't bid on those eBay plates yet... I saw that the auction was almost over!
Old 05-05-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
Chris Cline

Profile:
They look very similar to the older Gill bumper plates (w/f safe):

http://www.gillathletics.com/GillIte...px?FSID=WT2815
Old 05-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:
Just a quick not on the Iron Woody plates, I tested a sample pair of 10kg and a 20kg in my gym for several months for John, to see if they were durable and see if they were something he wanted to sell.

There is no guarantee that every plate will be exactly like the samples I got to test, but I tell you what, I TRIED to break them, especially the 10kg plates. I honestly, really tried to break them, even putting them on the bar by themselves and jumping my 280lb self up and down on the bar... and I couldnt break them.

They are a little more flexible than I like, especially the 10kg, BUT they are very nice looking, VERY nice looking, and from what I have seen, VERY durable.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
Maneesh Sud

Profile:
I noticed the same plates on Iron Woody's site a couple days ago. They look great and I think Glenn's Post pretty much speaks for itself.

If money is an issue, I think there are better deals out there (therubberman, York, WF). But I think those are thinner than the recycled rubber plates (but I may be wrong), so if your C&J and Snatching tons of weight, the Iron Woody plates may be better.

Anyways, thought I should mention that Iron Woody's site has them for cheaper than they were on ebay. Don't know why the price went down in a matter of days, but check it out.