CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #1
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
Wow. Yesterday after a UPS delay, I finally got my Pendlay Crossfit bar! I can't even begin to describe the differences between the now "crap" bar I have been using and my new Pendlay. The knurling is perfect and the collars spin like a dream come true.

I must have gotten my heart rate up enough to be considered a warm up between the time the bar got here and the time I started my WOD yesterday. After the push presses I got into some work including cleans, power cleans, snatch, hang power snatch etc... WOW.

I had to re-adjust when doing the over head stuff, I think because of the difference between the spin on the collars? I don't know, haven't been doing them long enough to really know. All I can say is after a bit of practice things were flowing VERY nicely.

And to Glenn Pendlay. GREAT customer service. Glenn took the time to talk me through the pros and cons of different bars and why the CF bar would be a good fit for me. For the price, and for the average and above CF'r you can't go wrong, or beat the price for the quality.

I know good reports have been posted about this bar but I needed to make sure I posted mine, as I am a very, happy customer!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:12 PM   #2
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Bryan - I feel you joy and share your enthusiasm and impressions of Glenn. Fantastic customer service and just a super guy...not to mention a fabulous product. Love his stuff.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #3
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
Agreed Eugene, good guy. I will likely be a customer of Glenn's again in the near future. I still can't get over how much nicer it is lifting with this bar than my other, and the difference in the spin. I think it will only enhance my ability to grow faster in the oly lifts.

Some pictures... Sorry for the poor quality, shot last night in my garage.
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/41050.jpg
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/26/41051.jpg
Old 05-03-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
Kevin Timmons

Profile:
I just got my crossfit bar about a week ago, and I love lifting with it. It feels great (i dont have a lot to compare it too, but still...) and I have been able to do lifts that I was unable to attempt in the gym (they seem to frown on dropping weight from over head). Glenn was great to deal with, and answered all of my questions, and never once made me feel like he had better stuff to be doing than helping me (even though I am sure he takes phone calls like mine all the time, and I am sure he does actually have better stuff to be doing)
Old 05-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
Matt Thacker

Profile:
I better chime in here as well. After seeing a recommendation on the board here, I bought a Crossfit bar, some blue suede Do-Wins and a junior bar for my wife. The service was great and the new equipment rocks.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
Jason Donaldson

Profile:
Gents,

regarding the Pendlay bars, I sent an email to Glenn about a week ago and haven't heard back. Does anyone know if he ships internationally? (I'm in Australia)

I've got a good oly bar, but I'm keen to get a womens bar for the wife and a junior bar for the kids. May even get some shoes too.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #7
Bryan Gollhofer

Profile:
Matt,

Some Do-Wins are next for me, looking forward to them!

Jason,

I am not sure if he ships internationally, but Glenn does watch the boards so I am sure he will answer your questions here soon. Must of been a mix up with the email, he has been very responsive with emailing me back. You can't go wrong with his stuff, so it's worth the wait...

Glenn? Out there?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:36 AM   #8
Stuart Smith

Profile:
Jason, I have been exchanging emails with Glenn for about a month now regarding shipping to Australia (I am in QLD). Last I heard from him he was looking into the cheapest shipping solution, but that was a few weeks ago now. He cares about what he's doing so if he's not answering I'm prepared to trust that he has a good reason. On the plus side, you know he is already looking into it whether he has read your particular email yet or not, so an answer will not be far away. All the best.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:55 AM   #9
Jason Donaldson

Profile:
Cheers Stuart

Maybe he's doing that before he replies. I've heard nothing but good things about Glenn and his products so I wasn't too fussed about not hearing anything yet.

Thanks
Old 05-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #10
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:
Jason,

I dont believe I have recieved an email from you... I do try to answer emails promptly. Could you please send again? Every once in a while a legit email gets kicked to my bulk folder and overlooked. I try to look thru bulk emails before I do the weekly "mass delete" that I am sure we all do, but I could have missed something.

Stuart,

I apologize if I am mistaken, but as I remember it, my freight rates were VERY high to Australia, and the Werksan rates were much better. You were going to look into ordering from them. Again I apologize if I missed something there.

To anyone else interested in Australian shipping... for some reason, my shipping rates to Australia are very, very high. I use mostly UPS and it seems they are just not very competitive in this case. I have advised several people to buy higher priced bars locally, or even to order from a company like werksanusa, because they seem to have much better international rates (they use mostly FedEx) and the money you save on shipping would "pay for" buying a more expensive bar.