CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 11-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #11
Larry Cook

Profile:
Re: I like what you've done with the place

Larry,

Welcome back. A solid voice of reason is always needed, and I think that has always been your strong suit .... although the half volume weeks, zone block chart and chocolate milk are still staples of my routine.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:47 AM   #12
Larry Lindenman

Profile:

Thanks guys. Nice to be back. Yeah guys, I looked over the names and recognized about a third of them...so I figured I need a re-intro! Glad to see some of the ideas I stole from other sources are still working their way around the boards. I have to get used to the new format, and the volume of people! Again, thanks for the welcome.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:01 AM   #13
Joe Marsh

Profile:

Happy to see you Larry. How's the Lake County affiliate coming?
Old 11-14-2007, 05:21 AM   #14
Larry Lindenman

Profile:

Hey Joe, I could probably do it tomorrow...if I had the time! The space is there, most equipment is there, I just can't free up blocks of time to teach. I just finished football with my son and my first semester as a college teacher is almost in the bag...so may be next year! I'm also putting together a self protection class for my undercovers, lots on the plate,
Old 11-14-2007, 05:48 AM   #15
Garrett Smith

Profile:

Larry,
I feel for you, man. I recently came to the decision that if I'm going to get my location off the ground I'm going to have to extend my days from 6:30am (morning class) to 7pm (evening class at 6pm) with some private training in the afternoons, working around patient appointments. I won't be calling my classes "CrossFit" until I get the fee paid. My location is in my office building, so it's easy to get to at least!

Once the logo is done (almost there!) and the website is ready (hopefully Thanksgiving weekend) I'll pay my affiliate fee and get this whole thing running...
Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #16
Darrell E. White

Profile:

Larry:

Whew, I thought we'd lost another CF OG! It's great to "hear" you. I've sent a number of newcomers to the search mode to look for you here in the forum. I'll be in Chicago in the spring for a conference and will PM you with lots of lead time. Would love to come early or stay late and get a work-out and a beer or two.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #17
Larry Lindenman

Profile:

Darrell, that sounds great! consider it happening. Garrett, are you finding your putting less time into your own conditioning? It's funny, but as the edges of my work became less clean, my workouts became less consistent. For instance...I have to drive 50 miles tomorrow to do a search warrant at 5am! All complaining aside...can't have more fun than narcotics enforcement, all action and none (or little) of dealing with victims, families, and the psychological effects of violent crime.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #18
Larry Lindenman

Profile:

I also have to say...this place is a little overwhelming now! I've got a gazillon new posts come up when I hit new posts, but the questions all seem vaguely familiar.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 AM   #19
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:

Hey roomie - glad you are still on the job. What are you teaching? Platform instruction like that on a regular basis is a lot of work...especially since you still have the cop gig going on at the same time. Amazing how much you can squeeze into a life if you really work at it. I got to go to Bosnia to teach for a couple weeks this year and some other similar places are on the itinerary next year. Weird to teach through an interpreter. Please tell me you are teaching Kali to somebody...there is waaaay too much skill in your hands to not pass it along. Good to hear from you, I'll be posting some more pics of my ever evolving gym soon.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:33 AM   #20
Steven Low

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lindenman View Post
I also have to say...this place is a little overwhelming now! I've got a gazillon new posts come up when I hit new posts, but the questions all seem vaguely familiar.
Hah, well the forum is improved which is nice.. as compared to the other ones I visit.

But yeah, pretty much all the questions are still the same old sam old... just recycled. Kind of gets boring at times.

Welcome back, by the way.