CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 10-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #61
Clint Harris

Profile:
Re: Why do people hate Crossfit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aushion Chatman View Post
Not to play Dr. Phil...well maybe a little bit...But why does that bother you? What does someone who you know nothing about, maybe the person is a d bizag, maybe they are a cancer survivor, maybe they are a war hero, or maybe they are the stereotypical CF Tool...but why would that bother you?

It's like I see on Facebook, videos posted of some kids in Florida or something digging through sand for a warm-up. But then the comments on the video are things like, "What a bunch of a-holes".

Honestly that seems ridiculous to me. I doubt the people commenting know anything about any of those people. Maybe it is a poor workout routine to dig through sand...I wouldn't do it personally. But to call people you don't know stupid or a-holes is...it's just odd. It makes no sense.
Not to play Oprah, but why do you care about whether I care about whether someone posts a photo that I like or not or if I even care what you have to say about it or if you care about if I care what you cared to write me. Perhaps I am one of those people you mention too...... Boommm .... mind blown. LOL.

In reality ? I don't care one iota and loose no sleep over whether or not someone likes crossfit or not. Their loss not mine. It doesn't bother me really all that much when someone posts a photo of a handstand on a water ski. The fact that there is this thread and we're playing Dr Phil with one another is pretty silly too ... nothing to do with CrossFit. It's more fun to make a comment than to simply not.
But I do think it's pretty stupid to take a handstand photo of oneself then post it with 55 hash-tags. What's the point in that (and they aren't strangers nor cancer survivors and such, they usually inov8 wearing fluorescent short wearing almond guzzlers - no shirt).

This "hate crossfit" thing is synonymous with other groups too.
How about I start talking about golf and listen to all the groans and moans "that's not athletic" or "they're all fat" or "golf sucks" or "it's for old rich people" or what have you. yawwnnn.
Just pick your sport or hobby, then insert comments here. Within said community, it'll seem like everyone else dislikes it. It's not new or unique to CrossFit - but certainly has some pretty hilarious and OTT peeps in it.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #62
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Well, I'm 33 years old, with two kids, a wife, and a mortgage...I guess I just find much of this stuff juvenile.

Where I'm from the easy way to say that is to say, "I'm a grownazz man". Like, forget the kiddie stuff, my favorite show is The Wire and I like to drink Fat Tires with dinner...Reality is some people we ridicule from a distance may have gone through some serious Shyt...Hopefully that makes sense...I guess I'm just too old for this silly BS

Last edited by Aushion Chatman; 10-02-2012 at 09:54 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #63
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Same here Aush. I no longer care enough to hate on the stupid stuff in CrossFit.

Kids to coach and PR's to hit. None of that dumb **** affects my life and I think we all gots to learn to let go.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:10 AM   #64
Paulo Santos

Profile:

The fact that someone who hates CrossFit actually comes here to let everyone know how they feel about CrossFit is single handedly the lamest and most pothetic thing that anyone can do. Forget being a troll, just get a life.

I'm going to steal a quite from someone on SS Forum. "What I hate more than CrossFit is the people who bash CrossFit." (Obviously I don't hate CrossFit, but I think that quotes was classic.).

Also, those pictures of people doing one hand handstands and other things are all in fun. The pictures of people doing overhead squats with a baby strapped to them and the guys posing and making fun of homeless people are wrong and there is no defense for that. But don't make it sound like crossfitters are the only ones doing things like that.

Last edited by Paulo Santos; 10-03-2012 at 05:31 AM..
Old 10-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #65
Dave Hancock

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
This. and What kills me is people whe get on this site and bashes it. Whay bother, why even get on here and hate? If ''you'' don't like it, don't bother with it.
Internet trolling has become its own sport. Go to a forum. Bash forum. Go back to your forum. Tell your forum members what you did and how funny it was. Invite your forum members to do the same. First troller becomes immortalized by his forum members.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #66
Dave Hancock

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Santos View Post
The fact that someone who hates CrossFit actually comes here to let everyone know how they feel about CrossFit is single handedly the lamest and most pothetic thing that anyone can do. Forget being a troll, just get a life.
I have been to a bb'ing forum and seen Crossfit bashing threads that really rile the bb members. I am willing to bet the Crossfit bashing poster was actually a bb forum member posing as a Crossfit'er to cause drama for the fun of it.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #67
Clint Harris

Profile:

When I see a thread titled something like "why I hate crossfit". All seriousness goes out the window. Sorry if you consider me a troll. It's not the case - and I don't really care about that either. Just comments. Why anyone would care about this is beyond me.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #68
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Harris View Post
When I see a thread titled something like "why I hate crossfit". All seriousness goes out the window. Sorry if you consider me a troll. It's not the case - and I don't really care about that either. Just comments. Why anyone would care about this is beyond me.
People care because you are coming to a CrossFit forum trashing CrossFit. Why wouldn't people care? Go to a powerlifting, BB, Glock forum and trash them and see what kind of reaction you'll get.

And I see nothing in the title of the thread indicating you can start trashing CrossFit.

Last edited by Paulo Santos; 10-03-2012 at 08:23 AM..
Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #69
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hancock View Post
Internet trolling has become its own sport. Go to a forum. Bash forum. Go back to your forum. Tell your forum members what you did and how funny it was. Invite your forum members to do the same. First troller becomes immortalized by his forum members.
That's why I'm a firm believer in deleting posts and threads. I'm a moderator on another forum and that exactly what we do when trolls come in.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #70
Clint Harris

Profile:

So saying posting _HS photos with 55 hashtags_ is trashing crossfit? Interesting. I thought it was a reason why people may hate crossfit as I find it stupid. It's probably the same for the person I originally responded too who said that doing OHS with a water-ski may be a reason. They don't hate crossfit either - just that the OTT photos may be why.

Seems to me this passionate response to reasons why someone may hate (such a strong choice of words) Crossfit may well be another reason why people hate crossfit. This is all light hearted stuff IMHO and any visceral reaction or emotion involved is a problem between the keyboard and the chair, not what's written on the screen.
Stupid topic so expect what you get. And do not presume that anyone in or on here actually dislikes crossfit. Why would I even be on here if I didn't like it. My name is over there.
<<<<<<<<<
Any of you are welcome to come to CrossFitRX and wod with me. If you bring any of this up all I'll do is laugh out loud and say forget all that ****. I usually go at 6pm. Come on over and see how much I hate this exercising program. I'm the big dusshe-bag wearing ugly rugby socks (mismatched) because I'm sick and tired of my shins getting cut up and do not want my DNA mixing with others. Also provides some compression because I just can't go the skins route in public either. Go ahead and hate on me all you want.