CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #41
Sean Rockett

Profile:
Re: Achilles Rupture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Carey View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've been going over all the CF related injuries I can find on the web lately and how to mitigate the risk thereof. Whats the consensus on high rep box jumps? Settle and let the heel touch down/relieve tension on the calf at the bottom instead of bouncing right back onto the box? I would assume jumping up is not a big risk, and the dropping back down isn't either- but more the tension put on the tendon by reversing the momentum quickly.
Achilles tear with eccentric contractions or when they are elongating and firing like when you land on a box jump. Best thing is stay flexible stretch and strengthen the calf
Old 06-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #42
Emily Garry

Profile:
Re: Achilles Rupture

I came across this post looking for some guidance. I am 4 months post op for my ruptured achillies...I am done with formal physical therapy and have been going back to crossfit for the past month. I am now at the point where I would like to start increasing my weight in my wods, but am concerned that I may be pushing a little too fast..so I aM looking for some advice from others who have ruptured and have gone back to be 100 percent...what did you do on your way back to 100 percent. when did you start really putting on the weight and when did you start to go full on during the workouts? What were some of your milestones. Right now I have just started to run..maybe 400m at a time...I can do a limited range of motion one legged heel raise with the injured foot...range of motion is good once warmed up and stretched but still not back to normal.....would love the input..trying to stay positive and not get upset with my slow time and lower weight.

Thanks!!!!!