CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 11-10-2003, 02:22 PM   #1
David Wood

Profile:

I'm going to propose a continuing thread for the posting of workouts completed that weren't specified in the WOD, but still seemed pretty good at the time.

I'm intending this in the spirit of what Duffy posted on Friday 031107 (the second post in the comments for that day). I'm not going to repeat that one here (I certainly hope he will, but I don't think I'm worthy), but it looked like an awesome workout.

For myself, today:

10 rounds of:
- 10 squat thrusts
- 10 C&J with 95 lbs.
- 10 pullups

(Sort of "German Volume Training", CrossFit style.)

Would have been a great performance if I had done it in, oh, 35 minutes or so. At the 49:30 that it actually took me it doesn't look so good. Still, it felt great.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:41 PM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Well, the WOD for today was "Chelsea", but I allowed myself to get sucked into this, instead:

10 rounds of:

8 DL at 225 lbs (my BW is 154).
10 "regular" pushups
3 one-arm pushups each arm.

Kinda fun. There were 3 of us doing this, so we ended up on about a 90-second to 2-minute rotation per round. Whole thing took 18 minutes start to finish.

One of the three of us is a BIG guy (6'5", 260 pounds, 320 bench and 445 DL). A 225 DL is nothing to him . . . a warm-up weight . . . but doing it 80 times in less than 20 minutes was a new experience . . . he chose to bail out at round 8 rather than experience a visit from Pukie.