CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Joseph Calabrese

Profile:
Hamstring pain

Last year I had a reunion with my high school soccer team. After playing I came home and iced my sore hamstring and rolled it out. Ever since then my hamstring is always very tight and can not sprint longer than a few yards with out the tightness coming back. No mater when I stretch or roll the tightness is there. I don't feel pain yet but not sure on how to prevent the pain and injury. I have seen a chiropractor but he tells me to keep hitting the knots with the roller. I have the firmest rumble roller and been using that only on the hamstring because anywhere else especially the IT Band I see stars.

Oh and on a smaller note, I need recommendations on stretches for sore abs. The upper abdominals are very sore and when I lift my arms above my head I get tightness.

Last edited by Joseph Calabrese; 04-25-2013 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: delayed entry
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
Brian Strump

Profile:
Re: Hamstring pain

They define insanity, as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a change in outcome.

May I suggest, if it's tight, it is so for a good reason. More than likely, your body is trying to create stability because of inhibited muscles elsewhere. Which is why it always comes back. You need to release the hamstring, but also need to activate the inhibited muscles that the hamstring is compensating for.

If you are near Dr. Perry, I would highly recommend making a trip to see him. Easily one of the tops in the field. WFS
http://www.stopchasingpain.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Calabrese View Post
Last year I had a reunion with my high school soccer team. After playing I came home and iced my sore hamstring and rolled it out. Ever since then my hamstring is always very tight and can not sprint longer than a few yards with out the tightness coming back. No mater when I stretch or roll the tightness is there. I don't feel pain yet but not sure on how to prevent the pain and injury. I have seen a chiropractor but he tells me to keep hitting the knots with the roller. I have the firmest rumble roller and been using that only on the hamstring because anywhere else especially the IT Band I see stars.

Oh and on a smaller note, I need recommendations on stretches for sore abs. The upper abdominals are very sore and when I lift my arms above my head I get tightness.