CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 12-19-2007, 02:17 AM   #1
Jan Verhulst

Profile:
Starting out in Belgium

Hey guys,

CF isn't very well known here in Belgium but after a couple of years of weight trainings and interval trainings , I feel I miss the leverage you get by having a whole community that supports you. After a couple of weeks into training schedules , life gets in the way and I lose momentum

I stumbled across CF by accident , looked around and lurked for a while on the forums and I have made a final decision : i'm starting CF and will do whatever it takes to finish the daily WODs. The only issue I'm facing is gym equipment. I'm a member of a large gym (Fitness First) but there are no rings or stuff like that.

Doing "tracks" will be difficult too , as all the equipment is spread out and it gets crowdy sometime so you won't have time at your bars when you need it.
If i do 30 pullups , quickly run to a treadmill and run 800m , when I get back the pullup bar will certainly be occupied.

Perhaps you guys have some creative suggestions in order to get my workout in as it was meant to be , I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Anyway , this is Crossfit Day 1 of all time for me .. "Badger". Really looking forward to it.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
Tim Newsome

Profile:
Re: Starting out in Belgium

Burn your gym membership, and use the money to buy some rings, a bar, and some plates. There are tons of threads in the equipment section about how to buy/make your own equipment, what's most essential, etc. Lots of workouts have substitutions you can make (although there isn't a real good one for pull ups). For the cleans you can use anything that's heavy. For the run you could sub rowing or even an exercise bike if you have to. Just be creative.
And welcome to Crossfit!

Tim
Old 07-07-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
Jeroen De Boeck

Profile:
Re: Starting out in Belgium

Hi jan i'm from belgium too around mechelen
i started doing crossfit myself but due to lack of Pull up bars and good material i'm doing very large scaled versions hope my gym will have a pull up bar soon
where are you training?

grts
jerre