CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
Eric Dewees

Profile:
Yoga for injury prevention??

Recently, I began feeling tightness on the back side of my legs just above my knees. I have never had any issue with my hamstrings or knee injuries. I stretch a good amount during tae kwon do classes. The tightness takes a few days to recover from to. So, I am thinking of doing yoga in the mornings to prevent this injury. I just hope it is nothing that continues.

Does any body else experience the same thing?
Does any body do yoga?
Old 02-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #2
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: Yoga for injury prevention??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Dewees View Post
Recently, I began feeling tightness on the back side of my legs just above my knees. I have never had any issue with my hamstrings or knee injuries. I stretch a good amount during tae kwon do classes. The tightness takes a few days to recover from to. So, I am thinking of doing yoga in the mornings to prevent this injury. I just hope it is nothing that continues.

Does any body else experience the same thing?
Does any body do yoga?
I started a thread about yoga on the Performance Menu a while back (wfs), see if this pertains to your questioning at all
http://www.performancemenu.com/forum...highlight=yoga
Old 02-17-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Stephen Flamm

Profile:

1 75 minute session a week for the past 2 months has helped my flexibility tremendously. a few nagging injuries have gone away, as well.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
Justin Baum

Profile:

yes! i went through a yoga only phase (in between triathlon and crossfit) and i have never felt better. my chronic neck pain literally dissapeared too! i used the bryan kest dvd from amazon and while travelling for work did it at his studio in santa monica. you can get the dvd off amazon - get the one with all 3 wkts. i still use parts of it for cf cooldown.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:49 AM   #5
Michael Halbfish

Profile:

I find that yoga is a tremendous help. I mix up the styles and intensity. I tend to do more on weekends and crossfit rest days. People who are looking for more of a workout style might like Steven Ilg's Wholistic Fitness Yoga or Geo Takoma's Fearless Flexibility or Warrior Workout. For an energizing style Kundalini yoga is fantastic. I tend to favor the yoga of Dharma Mittra. Anusara is also very good for creating body awareness and alignment. I also do a variety of other styles as well.