CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #4781
Becca Borawski

Profile:
Re: Where's the Girl Power?

New article up on ModernAthena.com that I know you ladies will relate to!

"Who Fits In These Jeans?" - http://modernathena.com/?p=235 (w/fs)

www.crossfitla.com -- www.modernathena.com -- www.nerdjockprincess.com
Old 05-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #4782
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Bull City Open yesterday.

Snatch: 47kg-50kg-52kg
C&J: 62kg-64kg-66kg

118 total, which was an 8 kg meet total PR. My goal for Masters Pan Ams in July is to beat all of my current training PRs.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #4783
Bryan Francis

Profile:

Check out this workout & video of this super-fit chick Sarah-Grace. The workout is title "The Dark Knight"

The website address is crappy spam

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 05-31-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: AUP Violations
Old 05-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #4784
Helen M Brennan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post

118 total, which was an 8 kg meet total PR. My goal for Masters Pan Ams in July is to beat all of my current training PRs.
nice work Tamara....

Helen
Old 05-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #4785
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

USTA 3.5 Playoffs over the weekend

1st match: Didn't play awful, but got blanked in the first set. Couldn't string two points together to save my life. Did much better in the second set but was down 5-3. Got next four games to win the set and go to 3rd set tie break. Got down in the tie-break and ended up losing 10-6. Had some awesome points and played really well. The latter half of the second set was so amazing...I felt like I could do anything with the ball that I wanted.

2nd match: 8am match...ugh. New facility...ugh. During the warm-ups my opponent looked really, really good. I played my butt off and got the first set to 5-4, my serve, 40-0. I ended up losing the set. On a double-fault. Terrible. I think that threw me off in the second set, b/c I immediately went down 0-4. Battled back for three games, ran and hit as hard as I could but succumbed 6-3.

Overall, with the exception of letting three set points go in the second match, I'm very happy with my performance. My cardio was great, I made some ridiculious gets and I consisently hit through the ball and almost always had quite a bit of pace. I came up to the net a fair amount. My serves need some work as I went through periods when I really struggled getting my first serve in. I tried some drop shots, and did ok with those. Always lots to work on, but I'm proud of my effort.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 AM   #4786
Liz Stanley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post

Nice work!! I'm giving my elbows a nice long break from cleans while I work on getting a muscle up. Taking it fairly easy on the snatch too. But I look forward to getting back into it!

This week I accomplished two goals of mine - one was to use the 30" box for box jumps in a WOD, which I did yesterday. Did 2 sets of 5 and then 3 sets of 10 (rounds also included kettlebells and double unders.) I only fell once!

The other was to Rx "Nancy", did this morning in 21:50. That's just over half my body weight so I'm not sure how much faster I could get with it, I'd love to be under 20:00 so we'll see how that goes next time.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #4787
Tricia Magrini

Profile:

Deadlifted 210x3 yesterday and felt pretty bad a$$

Then I did a WOD with 95lb FRSQ and felt like a pansy

Good days, bad days....I love the highs and lows. Well not so much the lows but it humbles me and keeps me working hard anyway!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #4788
Helen M Brennan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Stanley View Post
This week I accomplished two goals of mine - one was to use the 30" box for box jumps in a WOD, which I did yesterday. Did 2 sets of 5 and then 3 sets of 10 (rounds also included kettlebells and double unders.) I only fell once!

holey Dooley liz, dont know how i missed this... 30" box... awsome. i am still struggling with anything over 18"... but getting better at those.

should also add super great effort for Nancy ...

cheers

H
Old 05-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #4789
Liz Stanley

Profile:

Thanks! Last year my goal was just to jump on the 30" box once which I did after about 5 months of CrossFit. I was very nervous and had to have a spotter behind me to feel comfortable with it. I never jumped on it again until last week. The cool thing about this WOD was that it was specified to be box jumps "plus" so we were encouraged to go up in height from our normal (mine is usually 24"-26" depending on which box I get.) There was no time limit so we'd really have the opportunity to push ourselves on the jumps. I tried the 26" box with a plate on top for about 10 jumps, then decided to try the 30". Once I did 2 jumps on the 30" I decided to use it the rest of the way! Turned out to be all mental. I did fall once pretty hard but finished out the last 5 jumps after that to convince myself that I could still do it. So I wound up doing 40 total.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:33 AM   #4790
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

I did three hero WODs over the Memorial Day weekend: Griff, Adam Brown & Whitten. Thought I was jumping on a 20" box but it turns out it was a 24". Haven't done much in the way of box jumps so that was a pleasant surprise. The 2nd and 3rd WODs were tough, but thinking about those guys who gave it their all really motivated me.