CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
Dale F. Saran

Profile:
I cannot disagree with Lynne's closing the post, although I did disagree that Bryan was America-bashing. In any event, I wanted to say thank you to each of you and as a group. Your contributions, even as they lengthened and were more passionate, were helpful to me, even if we did not resolve the world's problems. Nice try, though. :angel_no:
Feel free to contact me offline if you like.
Bryan, I do not have the article in electronic form, but am emailing its author for a retouched electronic version. Your quote of my favorite play makes me want to buy you a beer. Of course, as I am Catholic, he is my patron saint.
Regards, gentlemen. I hope one day we can all meet and add beer to the conversation - now THAT would really add some fuel to the fire!!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Bryan Veis

Profile:
Well, Dale, perception is reality, I suppose.:dunno: I was a bit surprised at that comment.

I drink beer.:banana:

Good luck with your case.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #3
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Bryan,

For what it's worth, I need thoughtful opposition. And believe it or not I really do think I understand your position, and am perfectly willing to say in public that not only could you be right, I sincerely hope you ARE right.

I was going to PM Lynne, but I'll just say here that I agree with her decision, and understand it completely. In fact, I would like to thank David and Lynne both for letting us get as far as we did.

I will agree, too, that I didn't perceive you (if you were the referant) as America bashing. You have a principled, well thought-out position. But one of us (read "me") has a very compulsive personality that tends to trend over lines, so the call was good.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Dale,

BTW, thanks!!! I'm used to getting yelled at, so I'm not always the best at dealing with compliments. Still, I appreciate the support. Just remember I'm afflicted with periodic idiocy like everyone else. I try to be smart, and like to think I'm largely successful, but I still sometimes push on the doors that say pull. I haven't properly potty trained my dogs,either. Fortunately they are small.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:03 AM   #5
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
If it makes you guys feel better, it was Dave I was concerned about opening the door on America-bashing. It gives me the willies when people who live here talk about how much it sucks. I'm sure that wasn't his intent, but there is a certain sect of Americans who feel so guilty about how great we have it that they feel compelled to be apologists for how awful we are. Dave's post was in my opinion the opening to the floodgate on that, and since the whole thread was way beyond the message board's charter anyway, I pulled the plug.

Of course, people are entitled to that opinion, but this board is not the place for it.

Y'all were thoughtful and considerate but I could see the thread taking a further turn and would rather, as I'm sure you know, strike pre-emptively.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
Dale F. Saran

Profile:
Yes, easy to forget that while we were the primary participants and generally thoughtful, anyone could have jumped in immediately - though most were smart enough to wave off.
Cheers. By the by, Lynne, I hope to make a trip up to Worcester in the near future. Maybe a workout?