CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Bob Herald

Profile:
5/3/1 missed weight

After 6 months of progress, I finally missed a weight. It's my 1+ week the last few cycles my press and squat have been for 1. Rep on my 1+ week. I've had a busy week and had to move my bench and deadlift on to the same day. I got 2 reps on bench. Then on deadlifts, I could move my 1+ weight off the deck.

What's the protocol . Do I drop 10% on the deads next cycle. Or repeat next cycle with the same TM, or proceed as normal ? Thx.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: 5/3/1 missed weight

If the miss was on a crappy lifting day due to life getting in the way (i.e. lack of food, sleep, etc.), I'd repeat this cycle's weights on deadlift for next cycle. If it was because you're truly at the end of your run, I'd recalculate your new theoretical 1RM based on weight/reps from your most recent 3+ deadlift week, take 90% of that to get your training max, reset deadlifts back to that weight, and go from there.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Bob Herald

Profile:

Thank you Eric. I'll do,just that. I think I need to deload and reset anyway. I've skipped a lot of the deload weeks and I think it's catching up with me

Also, I saw the thread on templates, is there a definitive 531 template? One that is basic and accurate. I think I want to switch mine.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
Michael Loucas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Herald View Post
Thank you Eric. I'll do,just that. I think I need to deload and reset anyway. I've skipped a lot of the deload weeks and I think it's catching up with me

Also, I saw the thread on templates, is there a definitive 531 template? One that is basic and accurate. I think I want to switch mine.
http://board.crossfit.com/attachment...0&d=1338314387 (WFS)

Give that one a try, its pretty basic and has a lot of versatility. (Although I'm biased because I created it)
Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #5
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Here's the one I put together--it's got the 1RM/training max calculator at the top of the first tab which is helpful if you're picking starting weights, but if you already know what your working weights are you can ignore that part and just punch your working weights into the cells for the first cycle.

WFS
Attached Files
File Type: email WENDLER DOC.xls (83.0 KB, 232 views)
Old 08-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
Brett Benes

Profile:

Glad you posted this as I was about to post something similar. I just missed my 5+ squats for the first time, but I think it was just a bad day as I've done more reps at this weight in a previous cycle. However, if I don't shape up the rest of this cycle I'll reset as Eric mentioned.