CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-16-2003, 02:55 PM   #1
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

I was contemplating various dietary regimens and something I thought about caught my attention. Vince Gironda advocated 3 days of meat and water followed by one day of "whatever you please." Girdona himself was extremely lean for his era. He trained many athletes, very successfully, using the aforementioned plan. If we look back into history we note that the majority of carbohydrates in one's diet would be available during the summer months. Therefore the non-summer months would consist of a more low carbohydrate diet. This would give us around 9 months of low carbing with 3 months of carbing up. Basically, Gironda's program emulates this to a T. If you were to follow his guidelines of 3 days on - 1 day off for an entire yet. After all was said and done, you would've low carbed around 9 months and "carbed up," around 3 months. Maybe I'm just a flake, but, I actually found this interesting:crazy:.

-Humilis
Old 09-17-2003, 10:10 AM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Jay-

I would put your observation in the "Kreiky! that is smart" category, not the "what a flake" category. You obviously have both an interest in this topic and a good knowledge base. I CAN NOT recomend the book Lights Out:Sleep , Sugar, and Survival enough. It will tie everything togethr.
Robb
Old 09-17-2003, 12:24 PM   #3
Jay Edvardz

Profile:

Rob - I really respect your opinion and as such, picked up Lights Out, yesterday at my local library. I am going to start reading it today. You speak very highly of it so I am looking forward to absorbing some excellent information.

-Humilis