CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Jubal Stokes

Profile:
main site vs. CFE

is it just me or does it seem crossfit endurance metcons or simple, more realistic, and follow the princibles of crossfit more than main site. i was watching a journal with chris spealler and he was talking about bias and programming etc. and he said go heavy once in awhile, long every now and then, and mostly do triplet, and couplet metcons. looking at the archives of both programs CFE seems to be alot closer to that describtion than main site. i mean main site will have a good 9 day cycle going and then 4 days of just total randomness. not sure who does the programming for either program but im seriously considering swithing to CFE, and i honeslty think it will offer better GPP than main site. any input would be great.

i posted on here instead of CFE forum becuase this discussion room is alot more active......thanks
Old 02-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
David Meverden

Profile:
Re: main site vs. CFE

I think you would get a good deal better GPP with CFE because it is more structured and hits big lifts consistently but it is a lot more time consuming if you follow it strictly, since it usually programs 2 a days.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
Jubal Stokes

Profile:

true it is more time consuming but is still a "low volume" program overall. most of its metcons do not exceed 10-12min. it just seems like a better path to fitness. i mean 800m run followed by a 400m run backwards come on!!! i use to be a big main site supported but lately my faith is seriously coming into question. i guess ill just run 5k tomorrow!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
Rob Samuels

Profile:  

Can never go wrong with a 5k!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
Jubal Stokes

Profile:

I just hate programming for myself because I tend to I issue towards the workouts I do like I.e. 5k and neglect the stuffing hate like burpees ...I just can't 400m backwards runs or handstand walk for 100m as my workout. It leaves me wanting more
Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
Jakub Kruhlik

Profile:

you'll probably get more responses if you learned to structure your sentences correctly. if English is your second language then please disregard my previous statement.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
Rob Samuels

Profile:  

I assume your typing on a "smart" phone?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #8
Jubal Stokes

Profile:

yea smart phone!!! sorry about that.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
David Meverden

Profile:

I also don't like programming for myself, but the good news is that nobody has to if they don't want to. There are tons of affiliate sites out there that do programming, in addition to the well known specialized CF websites (CFE, CFFB).

Look around at what affiliates people recommend, or tell us what kind of programming you want and I'm sure people could recommend a good affiliate website for you.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
Jubal Stokes

Profile:

well im in the military so both endurance and GPP are my goals i guess you would say. ive always been a decent runner 18:05 5k, 37:50 10k. im 5'9 and weigh 165. my DL is 345#, Squat 285#,press 135#, i know those are not great numbers. my strength could definatley be better. so i guess increasing my strength while still maintaining my current endurance level would be my current goal.