CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 03-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #71
Scott Walters

Profile:
Re: Sitting

Oh and a bit of a run down of some of the risks associated with cervical manipulation, for anyone who is interested.

http://www.chiro.org/chimages/chiropage/cva-1.html (wfs)
Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #72
Bradley James Thompson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Walters View Post
As a chiropractor, I do find it a little offencive to be called "seedy", but I understand what you are saying, it is a common (if very misguided) opinion. All through this I have been thinking if you feel it is an alignment issue (maybe it is, maybe it isnt), then a chiropractor is an ideal fit. There are MANY chiropractors who do little, if none, of the "cracking" and certainly over here they have to give you informed consent. If your concern was saftey, maybe have a better look. There are potential problems, most of which are very uncommon and should be picked up on by a good chiropractor. If it was the noise, then look for a chiropractor using lower force techniques (or get over it). If it is just you think they are "seedy", well maybe it is your loss in that case. After 8 years of formal university study, and 1000's of ongoing hours each year, I am pretty comfortable and confidant in my abilities.

Again best of luck with your search.
I only saw one chiropractor. THAT one seemed seedy. Maybe most are great. I just didn't like the vibe.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #73
Brian Strump

Profile:

I've been to seedy parts of town. Seedy bars. Seedy lawyers too(imagine that). I still go to other parts of town. Different bars. Eh, still hate lawyers though.

My malpractice insurance is $540/yr. That will cover me up to $4mil. Simply because I don't hurt people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley James Thompson View Post
I only saw one chiropractor. THAT one seemed seedy. Maybe most are great. I just didn't like the vibe.