CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 04-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Christopher Saliba

Profile:
CrossFit Open Scoring

Can someone please explain to me the current scoring system being used for the Open because it seems to have changed.
What I can't understand is that people who have achieved the same result on a given workout are in different positions on the leader board.

For example, my result for WOD 11.4 is 128 and the score next to my result is 12, however there are other people with the same result but with a different score both higher and lower.

In previous weeks, people who achieved the same result were grouped together on the same score.

Please note that I am only talking about the position for a particular WOD, not the addition of scores from week to week.

Thanks, Chris.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
Rebecca Roth

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Open Scoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Saliba View Post
Can someone please explain to me the current scoring system being used for the Open because it seems to have changed.
What I can't understand is that people who have achieved the same result on a given workout are in different positions on the leader board.

For example, my result for WOD 11.4 is 128 and the score next to my result is 12, however there are other people with the same result but with a different score both higher and lower.

In previous weeks, people who achieved the same result were grouped together on the same score.

Please note that I am only talking about the position for a particular WOD, not the addition of scores from week to week.

Thanks, Chris.
There's no one from HQ here, so you aren't likely to get any real answers. A bunch of people were complaining about the same issue in comments on the CF Games FB page though, their general consensus is that they have ranks for the individual wods now listed in some way by region not worldwide. I'd say keep your eye on the FB page as that seems to be the best/first place for updates on issues.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
Christopher Saliba

Profile:

Thanks Rebecca,

Probably a silly question, but what do you mean by the CrossFit Games FB page?

Cheers,

Chris
Old 04-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/#!/CrossFitGames (wfs)