CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Tim Geiman

Profile:
Lightbulb Sponsoring Other Professional Athletes

I read somewhere in my relentless pursuit of CrossFit knowledge, I think it was on the games site, that Chad Ochocinco was challenged to compete in the Open. This made me think back to my days when I worked for Red Bull and how they came out of nowhere sponsoring extreme athletes and adventure sports enthusiasts. It made me think about CrossFit sponsoring athletes in the big 5 and other sports to help promote CrossFit. This is just a thought. At RedBull the sponsored athletes would run seminars as RedBull athletes as a perk for employees and other enthusiasts in said sport. I learned how to wakeboard from two RedBull athletes and I'll never forget it. Especially with Reebok coming on board and the CF Sports series it may be a move in a positive direction. I'm interested in the feedback some might have both negative and positive. It could help validate the sport and take it to new...possibly Olympic sport levels officially(we all know it is legit and could be there right now). On the other hand it may hinder the sport by intimidating people into not trying it. I think it's safe to say the garage gym feel is gone, but let's be real if it hasn't already lost that just think about the future of the sport and where it is already headed. I understand that we inherently shy away from change, but really it is the only constant. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Tim Geiman : 03-21-2011 at 06:12 PM.