CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 02-07-2011, 03:25 AM   #1
Andrew Craig

Profile:
Could this be mild rhabdo, gastric flu or fatigue syndrome

Hey all,

Last couple of days I have felt very off. Extremely fatigued, could barely move my legs 2 days a go after walking to the shop and just feel like i need to sleep all the time.

History, worked out Wednesday 15 mins window max 1 rep HPC followed by 200m run after each attempt. up to 110kg - Felt no problem physically. Thursday was 100m kettlebell run 16kg, 100m kettlebell swing walk @ 16kg and 12 thrusters @ 40kg - 3 rounds. It was hot as hell in Durban but didn't feel anything strange. Woke up Friday with terrible feeling of nausia and Dia. Dizziness throughout the day. Saturday woke up at 3 a.m. still feeling rough. Had to teach a session Sat morning and then just chilled most of day. Walked to shop and after that was exhausted. Could hardly walk or keep my head up.

I am in the process of kitting out our first affiliate box. Moved to South Africa from UK about 5 months ago. Things are a bit stressed financially and also trying to get everything running with the gym.

Have looked up all three options and don't have any severe muscle pain (calf is tight) or peeing cola. No real nausea anymore just tiredness/fatigue.

Thanks all.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
Mike Laroche

Profile:
Re: Could this be mild rhabdo, gastric flu or fatigue syndrome

Sounds like your sick. It happens. Get some rest, don't worry.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Meghan Reid

Profile:

A few times I've done a tough workout feeling fine going in, but sometimes it takes my immune system over the edge. Something that I would have fought off without a problem hits me like a truck the next day, probably because my immune system was compromised after a hard workout.

IT's frustrating, because I make it a point to never workout hard when I'm sick. But I always feel fine going in when this happens.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Sounds like the flu to me. Do you have a fever?

Rest, drink lots of liquids, and rest some more.

Katherine
Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
Andrew Craig

Profile:

I had no real fever. Just got sweats Friday with the nausea. no nose or throat issues which is why i looked at gastric flu and fatigue syndrome.

Went and got some magnesium and potassium tablets so we'll see if they help. Got a good nights sleep last night so we'll see how today feels.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
Leeann Alfonzo

Profile:

Have you ever had rhabdo? I have a current post on 'can you get rhabdo more than once'. Your body is trying to tell you something. Not to have put out too much personal info but check your urine output & color.Although second time I got rhabdo my urine was normal color.I had swelling in my Lats & knew what was going on. I also just felt off. Had no muscle pain. Listen to your body my symptoms didn't start until 2nd or 3rd day after the workout.

Last edited by Leeann Alfonzo : 02-13-2011 at 10:37 AM.