CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 06-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #41
Lindsay Grant

Profile:
Re: Lindsay's workout log

Some recap:

Friday's WOD: Did it in a total time of 24:35.

Saturday's WOD was:"Tyler"-and did it in 26:40...had to go to the skinny band after round 1 of pullups though...it was a tough one for me.

Sunday's WOD was:
"Velocity"
30 Burpees Then... 5 Rounds of: 10 Hang Power Clean 95/65 FB 135/95 10 Toe to Bar 10 KB Swings 53/35 200m Run Finish with... 30 Burpees Did this in a time of 21:06.

Today's WOD is:
"Srong Cindy"
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
5 Pull ups
10 Push ups
15 Squats

*Every 2 minutes, you must stop and do 3 Power Cleans 135/95 FB 155/105
*Begin the wod with 3 Power Cleans

It is going to be tough...my hands are raw from the pull-ups on Saturday and the Toe to Bar's yesterday!

HAPPY MONDAY!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #42
Shane Atkinson

Profile:

Good stuff there Lindsay, looking forward to see how the Strong Cindy goes
Old 06-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #43
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Strong Cindy went.....it went well. I only got through 10 rounds. At first, I was extremely frustrated with myself because I wanted to get at least 14 rounds and 10 was probably the lowest score of the day BUT then I realized that I can't be mad at myself because it wasn't like I was slacking. I seriously pushed as hard as I could and I did RX on everything....the pullups is really where I slowed down. Even the power cleans seemed easier than the pullups. Once I get pullups down pat I am going to redo this one and get 15 plus rounds!! I really did feel great after the workout even if the score looks weak and again, I pushed myself as hard as I could and that is all I can ask I guess!

Today is a REST DAY. I actually don't really want to rest but I have worked out 8 days in a row. The only day I didn't do Crossfit last week I still went out and ran a 5k so I am giving my body a break. I think I will just take my dog for a nice long walk when I get home from work today and just relax
Old 06-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #44
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Taking a rest yesterday was definitely good but I am ready to get back at it today!

Today's WOD is:
"Little Hanson Runs"
5 Rounds of:
20 KB Swings 53/35
20 Burpees
20 Sit ups w/Plate 20k/10k
400m Run

Should be fun!
Old 06-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #45
Laurie Smith

Profile:

Strong Cindy looks fun and 10 rounds is nothing to be disappointed about. Great work in here!!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #46
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Thanks Laurie! I know I pushed myself as hard as I could and that is all I could ask for!

Last night's WOD was tough but I did really well in it I thought. I finished in 25.25. I was the first person done in our class...which trust me, doesn't happen very often! I am really starting to notice a difference in my performance...thinking it has to do with increasing my carbs. BUT, my weight isn't changing...in fact, it might be changing in the wrong direction...still a work in progress...it is hard when the food I eat is healthy and makes me feel good, is also stuff that could be stalling my weightloss (fruit, nuts). BUT, I am trying to be patient and hope that my body will adjust soon enough!

Tonight's WOD is going to be one tough cookie!!

"Nutts" (Hero WOD)
10 HSPU
15 Deadlifts 250/175
25 Box Jumps 30"/24"
50 Pull ups
100 Wall Ball 20/14
200 Double unders
400m Run with Plate 20k/10k

*I already know the HSPU will be modified...going to maybe try and do them with resistance bands instead of a box though. I don't think I have ever tried deadlifting 175 but I am going to try it! This WOD might take me awhile..I am going to use the 24in box even though it will slow my time and the pull ups will definitely slow my time....going to push as hard as I can and try not to get discouraged if it takes me a long time!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #47
Laurie Smith

Profile:

That was a great wod, if you can use the bands for your hspu definitely use them!!! It's a much better motion then on the box. What is your max on deadlifts?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:17 AM   #48
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

I haven't done my max deadlift in awhile...the most I have done during WOD's has been 155. I think back in January, my 1 rep max was 167. I want to say I should be able to do it, but I really don't know since I haven't done them in awhile.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #49
Laurie Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay Grant View Post
I haven't done my max deadlift in awhile...the most I have done during WOD's has been 155. I think back in January, my 1 rep max was 167. I want to say I should be able to do it, but I really don't know since I haven't done them in awhile.
I would personally go with 155-160. You want it to be hard but not break you either.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:05 AM   #50
Lindsay Grant

Profile:

Last night's WOD was TOUGH but it was good! I felt great afterwards! I ended up doing 155lbs for the deadlifts and then the only other modifed was HSPU...I even did all 50 pullups Rx! That is where I think I took the longest! My time was 26:35.

Today's WOD is:
"Good Life Chipper"
500m Row
50 D-Ball Slams 20/12
40 Box Jumps 24/20
400m Run
50 Seated Presses (blank bar)
40 Jump Squats (blank bar)
400m Run
50 KB SDHP 53/35
40 V-Ups
400m Run

I am really hoping to make this class tonight BUT it will depend on 2 things: 1-Will I have to work late
2. My bestie is in labor right now and if she wants me to see her tonight then I will be a good friend and go...BUT I planned on going tomorrow that way she won't be as tired.

This workout sounds awesome though so I am hoping to make it! Right now I am so fixated on Crossfit..I know it is good to take breaks but my body feels strong right now so I am trying to just roll with it and see how much I can do...if my body tells me to stop I will take a rest day but as long as my performance isn't suffering, I don't see the problem with going 6 days a week..