CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #121
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Does that CrossFit make women big?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bruce Mailman View Post
Sorry bout that Teddy Roosevelt thing, I took an ill informed guess there. Still doesn't disprove my point though.
You might have just confused him with the other presidential Roosevelt, Franklin D., who had polio and used a wheelchair.

Katherine
Old 05-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #122
Departed

Profile:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bruce Mailman View Post
The intent of Crossfit is to "forge elite fitness". Many people seek and achieve elite fitness without using Crossfit. So the goal of seeking elite fitness does not make Crossfit.
Who? Who seeks to develop the strength, speed, power, balance, flexibility, agility, coordination, cardiovascular endurance, respiratory endurance, and stamina the way CF does? What athlete combines all of these attributes better than a top CFer?
Old 05-22-2009, 01:48 AM   #123
Michael Bruce Mailman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
You might have just confused him with the other presidential Roosevelt, Franklin D., who had polio and used a wheelchair.

Katherine
Yep, once again apologies. I didn't research before I posted that, and as a Kiwi I have a fair idea that those are two iconic presidents for America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gedicks View Post
Who? Who seeks to develop the strength, speed, power, balance, flexibility, agility, coordination, cardiovascular endurance, respiratory endurance, and stamina the way CF does? What athlete combines all of these attributes better than a top CFer?
No one dude. Crossfitters are gods amongst athletes. Surely, no one on the planet can match us.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:43 AM   #124
Michael Bruce Mailman

Profile:

This happens to me literally almost every day. I'm either reading the message boards, browsing old CFJ articles, watching videos, reading profiles, or just mentally going over the previous/next WOD thinking of ways to cut down transition times, how my last few reps of movement X got a little sloppy and what I need to do to fix that next time. It's to the point where sometimes I miss out on a couple hours of sleep a night because I just can't shut my brain off.

After reading this post on a thread relating to not being able sleep because of the next days' WODS' in the exercise section, I now understand you passionate feelings re Crossfit Chris
Old 05-22-2009, 05:13 AM   #125
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:

Michael,
Now you are trying to goad the goadable. Please explain how strength is not neccesary these days. CrossFit is a strength and Conditioning program (Back to circles) If your goals aren't strength and conditioning, either you're doing the wrong program or you're not doing CrossFit. (I am using the universal you, not assessing your actual goals) The goal does drive the program.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #126
Camille Lore

Profile:  

I cleaned two reuseable grocery bags onto the counter last night. I went grocery shopping with my mom and the bags were a bit heavy for her to lift or carry. Strength issues for me, strength issues for my mom.
Part of the usefulness of CrossFit to me is its benefits in terms of mental health-stress management, depression management, etc.

One once I'm hyooge, I'm posting pics. Been at it a year and a half now. Not ready to post pics yet.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #127
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post
I cleaned two reuseable grocery bags onto the counter last night. I went grocery shopping with my mom and the bags were a bit heavy for her to lift or carry. Strength issues for me, strength issues for my mom.
Part of the usefulness of CrossFit to me is its benefits in terms of mental health-stress management, depression management, etc.

One once I'm hyooge, I'm posting pics. Been at it a year and a half now. Not ready to post pics yet.
See that proves it, strength isn't neccesary, as long as you have someone else to carry the groceries
Old 05-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #128
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D Taylor Jr View Post
See that proves it, strength isn't neccesary, as long as you have someone else to carry the groceries
Or, more generally, strength isn't necessary as long as you're rich: someone to carry the groceries, someone to maintain the house, someone to maintain the lawn... Unfortunately, getting strong is easier than getting rich.

Katherine
Old 05-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #129
Troy Becker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post

It might interest you to know that those reusable bags are shown to promote bacteria growth and may give you food poisoning...
Old 05-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #130
Robert Callahan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Becker View Post
It might interest you to know that those reusable bags are shown to promote bacteria growth and may give you food poisoning...

and coming in from left field.....