CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 01-17-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
Mark Wilson

Profile:
Crossfitters in Kandahar, Afghanistan

Hi,

I am new to Crossfitting and am hooked!

I am deploying to Kandahar Airport in March and I will be looking after the British Gym in Camp Roberts. I am hoping to meet other crossfitters to train the WOD,

Thanks

Willie
Old 01-17-2009, 02:53 AM   #2
Frank E Morel

Profile:
Re: Crossfitters in Kandahar, Afghanistan

If you can see the Canadian detachment there.. You will find some for certain.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Jon Taylor

Profile:
Re: CrossFitters in Kandahar, Afghanistan

I will be here in Kandahar until they tell me to go home (don't know yet when that is) so I'll be here in March; have a small group of two or three buddies that do the WOD's nearly every day. You mind if we join you at Camp Roberts? The main gym is ridiculously packed.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:12 AM   #4
Mark Wilson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Taylor View Post
I will be here in Kandahar until they tell me to go home (don't know yet when that is) so I'll be here in March; have a small group of two or three buddies that do the WOD's nearly every day. You mind if we join you at Camp Roberts? The main gym is ridiculously packed.
No problems Jon! Will be great to meet other Cross Fitters, we (a small group) are embracing the 6 month forced training camp ethos so will be doing the WODs as often as Ops allow, will also be following the Endurance WODs if its not to hot!!!!

Not sure how big the gym will be but hoping to set up a Pain playground outside and also get some heave beams welded together! Also will be bringing some rings, I will nail muscle ups and walking on my hands!!!!!

See you there and take care!
Old 01-31-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
Jon Taylor

Profile:

Mark,

Glad you're going to bring supplies along with you. The big gym has a pretty nice setup as far as barbells and whatnot, but no rings. I have yet to tackle them, so you are your boys can laugh at us ring noobies as soon as they're up. We are all on about week 3 of CF, so I hope to be able to keep up with you guys when you get here! Better start busting my ***! Safe travels, see you soon. BTW, beware the **** Pond. You have been warned!

Jon
Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #6
Craig Aitchison

Profile:

There are a few of us who use the Canadian Gym as it is well suited to CF workouts. We are also looking at starting a "club" and so if you're here, drop into the Canadian Gym, near New Canada House. You will soon see interest sign-up sheets that will help the Canadian Gym staff how much funding we might get... They have a small selection of KBs, space to do WODs, a concept 2 rower, and lots of bars for pulling up on...

If you are here, tomorrow we're doing some ring work in front of the gym, drop by, introduce yourself. It'll be Ted and I and we're always interested in meeting other CrossFitters.

Craig
Old 03-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #7
Jon Taylor

Profile:

Craig,

What time of do you usually get together? How long is the Canuck gym open? I can't usually go until around 11p - 2a, with my crazy never-the-same work hours. I'd like to join you guys and try out some ring work.

Jon
Old 03-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Jason Brissel

Profile:

I'm in Salerno, anyone here also?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #9
Mark Wilson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Aitchison View Post
There are a few of us who use the Canadian Gym as it is well suited to CF workouts. We are also looking at starting a "club" and so if you're here, drop into the Canadian Gym, near New Canada House. You will soon see interest sign-up sheets that will help the Canadian Gym staff how much funding we might get... They have a small selection of KBs, space to do WODs, a concept 2 rower, and lots of bars for pulling up on...

If you are here, tomorrow we're doing some ring work in front of the gym, drop by, introduce yourself. It'll be Ted and I and we're always interested in meeting other CrossFitters.

Craig
Craig, been bouncing around at the moment but hope to be back at KAF soon, will pop down and will be signing up. I have been in the Gym a few times with one of my PTI's and its a great facility. I hope to bring down my Engineer contact to have a look at the pull up bars that you guys ahave set up outside the Gym as would love to expand a space at the rear of our much smaller facility! Just taken delivery of 3 brand new concept 2 rowers (with PM4) monitors they are a great tool. Also hope to get some rings sent out through welfare to set up a ring area.....my goal for this tour is muscle ups!!! Hope to see you soon

Willie (small bloke, big tatoo on right leg and ironman triathlon babge on left leg!!)
Old 05-28-2009, 05:47 AM   #10
Randy Hill

Profile:
Re: Crossfitters in Kandahar, Afghanistan

I know this thread has not been posted in in a while but it is the newest one I can find about KAF. I am a Marine posted here for the time being and looking for other crossfitters. I always have room in the American gym to do anything I need to in the side room, but I have yet to check out the new NATO gym.

Anyways let me know if anybody is around!