CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #11
Jill Zimmerman

Profile:

Re: Annoying office habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Poquette View Post
Mine pretty much just boils down to:

People.
Camille, Andy's one of us!!!

How about guy who leaves his work cell on driving mode, leaves it in his office instead of wearing it like we are supposed to - point of work cell. Anyhow it is in his office and clear down the hall you hear the phones generic woman's voice say: Call from blah blah blah Call from Blah blah blah Call from blah blah blah about six times. Turn it off or take the f**king phone with you.

Pen clickers - scuze me may I BREAK your fingers so you stop?

My boss came up through the stairwell banging his juicy juice empty bottle to some unknown rhythm on the metal banisters. I greeted him at the stairwell door and said I came over here to get away from jackhammers outside my window and you're making noise over here - you're like my kid always gotta be making a noise! Boss is a pen clicker too, when the juicy juice bottle is out of reach.

Another coworker who keeps his work cell on speaker phone and yells into it so I hear him and who he is talking too and I am four offices - not cubicles offices away. Is he deaf? When he got back from a trip he said "Was it quiet while we were gone?" meaning not busy. I said "Hell yes it was great!" , meaning I didn't have to listen to your loud as*.

Guilty of keys on my beltoop, they won't fit in my pocket, hahaha. I don't carry a purse so a jingling I will go... Remind me to jingle annoyingly at phone guys' offices.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
Casey Raiford

Profile:

I'd have to say that the most annoying coworker is the guy who lives under the impression that I give a damn about his colo-rectal health. This has to be the reason that he gives me fairly regular and detailed updates.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #13
James R. Climer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Raiford View Post
I'd have to say that the most annoying coworker is the guy who lives under the impression that I give a damn about his colo-rectal health. This has to be the reason that he gives me fairly regular and detailed updates.

As long as it's witty and worthy of laughter, I'm OK with it. In fact I got a story of my own to tell.....like to hear it? Here it goes! JK.

I think my vote for most anoying co-worker is a toss up between the:

1. tuneless incessant whistler

2. the online gamers who speak in tongues about 'buffing their maje on a level 50 charmer' yada yada yada

3. Know-it-all, nuclear trained, shoot from the hip the wrong answer 9 times out of 10 to workers. This is a direct application of the 50-50, 90 rule in nuclear power:
Given a 50-50 chance of getting it right, a nuclear trained nerd will over think and get it wrong 90% of the time.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #14
Eric Lester

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Owens View Post
I mean seriouly, are you that lazy that you can't refill the pot when taking the last cup.
I don't drink coffee at work just so I won't ever feel like I have to make it.

Yes, I will workout till I puke but I am too lazy to make coffee.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #15
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R. Climer View Post
2. the online gamers who speak in tongues about 'buffing their maje on a level 50 charmer' yada yada yada
What game?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #16
Stephen Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R. Climer View Post
3. Know-it-all, nuclear trained, shoot from the hip the wrong answer 9 times out of 10 to workers. This is a direct application of the 50-50, 90 rule in nuclear power:
Given a 50-50 chance of getting it right, a nuclear trained nerd will over think and get it wrong 90% of the time.
You're not kidding! I'd rather have someone honestly tell me they don't know, than try to B.S. me, but people seem to be under the impression you'll think less of them if they don't have AN answer, never mind if it's the right one or not... Dang nukes...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:19 PM   #17
James R. Climer

Profile:

I think the big one that had all their feathers flying
was called something like Dark Ages of Camelot,
or as the hip crowd called it DOAC. Yeccch tooey.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #18
Bryan Blake

Profile:

My last Navy job was on a large staff, and it got to the point I started keeping track of the irritating things that seem to come out of career staff guys' mouths that they STILL think is so screaming funny.

In meetings:
- "However, comma..."
- "By COB" (or "end of day")
- "FYI"
- "Caveats?"
- "Bueller, Bueller..."
- "Warm & fuzzy" (MAN I hate this one)
- "FORAC" (i.e., "who's got this item FORAC?")

USNA stories in a large group setting.
Anybody talking about putting on a different 'hat.'

I know, little stuff that's quite common, but it just starts to sound like nails on a chalkboard after a while, especially when that's how they talk outside of work!
Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 AM   #19
Scott Stevens

Profile:

^
You know how to kill sidebar conversations and useless talk with almost 100% efficiency? Stand-up meetings.

I share a large office with a few coworkers on my team. This one is close to my heart:

1. Take your personal phone conversations AWAY from other people. It's distracting.
2. Take care of your medical issues away from work. I don't need to hear you coughing up phlegm all day nor thinking about the possible infections coming from it.
3. Cell phones have a vibrate feature. Use it.
4. Cell phones are also portable. Keep it with you and not sitting on your desk as you wander away so I don't have to hear it ringing or whatever.
5. Eating lunch at your desk is fine, assuming it's not something particularly 'fragrant' and you know how to eat without being a completely obnoxious cud chewer.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 AM   #20
Howard Wilcox

Profile:

Yes, heating up fish in the community microwave is highly-frowned upon.

howard