CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 09-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #21
Phillip Garrison

Profile:
Re: couture v. lesnar in UFC!

I don't see why everyone is hating on Brock? He's neither a meat head, or a jerk. I think Brock will win this. Randy is giving up significant size, strength, power and age to a wrestler of comparable skills on the ground to him.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:41 AM   #22
Jeff Haugland

Profile:

This is the worst fight made by the UFC. It is strictly to rake in money. Not to give the most deserving a title shot. I think it is a joke that Lesnar gets a title shot after the herring fight!! Lesnar couldn't finish Herring and it was there the entire fight ( from about five seconds in). Instead he laid on top of him, and showed his inexperience in mma and his expertise in wrestling. It was a boring fight watching Lesnar not capitolize on huge openings, only to lay on him. Lesnar could be great, but with much more time and experience.

Couture is a different caliber fighter than herring. He has only been knocked out by Liddell, and he has fought the best fighters in the game. Vitor Belfort, Tito, Jeremy Horn, Pedro Rizzo, Josh Barnett, Silvia, Gonzaga.... Lesnar and Silvia weigh about the same. They both cut to get to 265. We all remember how that fight went.

Couture wins by decision.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:22 AM   #23
Heath Powell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wilson View Post
Lesnar is like Goro in mortal kombat, I think Randy is going to have to RNC Brock because that head is a tank
Love the MK plug man!

This is without a doubt a fight set up to bring in the ratings. Hard core MMA fans do not want to see this fight. Its hard to swallow the fact that so many people have worked so hard for so many years just to get into Affiliations like UFC,IFL,Elete XC, WEC and so on. Now this guy comes in who is just riding his wave of popularity and his 4th MMA fight is headliner with a legend with a ridiculous pay out.

This will sell alot of Pay Per Views though and I guess that what these promotions are in it for.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:34 AM   #24
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Powell View Post
Love the MK plug man!

This is without a doubt a fight set up to bring in the ratings. Hard core MMA fans do not want to see this fight. Its hard to swallow the fact that so many people have worked so hard for so many years just to get into Affiliations like UFC,IFL,Elete XC, WEC and so on. Now this guy comes in who is just riding his wave of popularity and his 4th MMA fight is headliner with a legend with a ridiculous pay out.

This will sell alot of Pay Per Views though and I guess that what these promotions are in it for.
In the press conference Dana White says they expect this to sell between 1,000,000 and 1,500,000 PPV... I think he said it at least twice, it could have been 3 times...
To that end... there is NO DOUBT they are doing this for the money.
It is show business, after all...
Old 09-04-2008, 08:16 AM   #25
Celio Silva

Profile:

Randy will craftly take lesnars' back and CHOKE him out...
Old 09-04-2008, 08:19 AM   #26
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Pretty good timing that last night's UFC Unleashed on Spike had the Couture vs Silva match!

Let's hope Brock didn't learn too much from that one.
I think Silva was afraid he was going to lose (and he fought like that) from 5 seconds into that fight when he took Randy's first punch that knocked him to the ground.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:21 AM   #27
Bob Guere

Profile:

Any thoughts on Liddell's return this weekend? Anyone have an insight into how his training has gone since the hammy tear?

Sorry, sorta hijacked....
Old 09-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #28
Sean Dunston

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Guere View Post
Any thoughts on Liddell's return this weekend? Anyone have an insight into how his training has gone since the hammy tear?

Sorry, sorta hijacked....
I fell asleep last night before the "promo show" aired on Spike at 11:00 (way past my bedtime).

Did anyone else see it?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #29
Steve Nugent

Profile:

I just Sherdogged the "crafty" veteran who has subbed 2 guys in his career. One of them was Tony Halme (0-4), and the other was Mike VanArsdale (8-5 with 4 losses by submission). I am cheering for Randy, expecting a decision for Brock. Maybe we'll see Brock's chin or cardio get tested...
Old 09-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #30
Celio Silva

Profile:

Just because someone isn't "crafty" dosen't mean they can't craftly do one or two things, and that applies to anything in life. Particular in this case where his opponent lacks depth in submission skills. That would be my strategy anyways. Randy should use the size difference to get around Brocks' back and choke him from there.