CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 09-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #21
Diego Sommariva

Profile:
Re: CrossFit in Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Barthe View Post
(Bueno, mi inglés no es muy bueno y no consigo expresar bien mis opiniones pero así seguimos en línea con el idioma del foro.
Hahaha. Yes, we should always be respectful of the house we're in

Regarding the 5-10 years comment, a British personal trainer friend of mine tried coming to Spain around 12 years ago and could not make a living. He popped over for a visit recently and discovered that all the "new" things that were big in Spain now were the things he was trying to do back then. I've seen it also, I've been going to the gym for ages, not getting anywhere and just feeling tired, and the trainers in the gyms were just absolutely no help at all. Ignorant of current trends and just there to advise on the normal bench press on smith machine, z-bar curls, lateral pull downs, etc.
CrossFit will take some time to sink in unfortunately. All we can do is spread the word and hope it doesn't take too long.

Diego
(si eso seguimos en contacto por PM :P )
Old 09-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #22
Julio Barthe

Profile:

Wouldn't it be that the 5 -10 years gap is where all the others are ... behind CF?

I guess that not only in Spain but for most of the world, in main page's comments there is a lot of complaining regarding those globo gym where people go and it is about what you had stated.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:41 AM   #23
Jaume Ramis

Profile:

I know that this post is old, but I'm new here and I was searching people in Spain in this forum. And may be there are more spaniards in this forum after this time.

So, I'm from a town near Benidorm, in Alicante. Anybody there?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #24
Diego Sommariva

Profile:

Hi Jaume!
As far as I know I'm the only Active Spaniard on these forums, but I could be wrong.
I'm in Malaga, but I know a girl in Alicante who has started CF to do together with a martial art, can't remember which. Friend me on Facebook if you have it and we can be in contact and I can put you in contact with many other Spanish CrossFitters. Otherwise send me a PM so I can fill you in on the scene here in Spain.

My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=733701529 (WFS)

Ciao!

Diego
Old 12-03-2010, 03:13 AM   #25
Julio Barthe

Profile:

Hola, Jaume y Diego:

Si, la verdad es que no sigo mucho este foro, y en general sigo pocos foros, excepto uno de escalada, pero es porque por ahí se reúnen los amigos.

Jaume, no puedo ayudarte con lo de tu búsqueda de compañeros cerca de Benidorm, pero te pongo aquí en enlace a un box en Madrid, quizás ellos te puedan ayudar y tampoco se pasen por aquí.

http://crossfitmadrid.blogspot.com/ (wfs)

También están estos, de Valencia, pero no los veo tipo box al uso.
http://www.crossfitspain.es/ (wfs)

Saludos,
Julio
Old 06-07-2011, 02:18 AM   #26
Mark D Shaw

Profile:

Hi,

Going to start some classes at Kings College, based on La Torre Golf Estate, Murcia.

Have a full size school gymnasium (climbing ropes - yay) and outdoor space.

Will affliate once up and running for sure. Pretty new to Crossfit, but have 10 years as functional trainer, done my basic cert and love the ethos. My Spanish is very limited but I'm learning. I want to create a mixed ability and nationality group, I'm hoping to add crossfit kids in time.

Will start with a few free workshops in September & October 2011, please PM me if you might be interested in coming along - would really appreciate the support.

Gracias.

Mark
Old 06-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #27
Kaitlyn Spronz

Profile:

Rafael: CrossFit Madrid is wonderful. Here is their website: http://www.crossfitmadrid.es/

I am currently in Salamanca, but did a workout with them on Monday and it was great. Javier and Sandra are excellent trainers and the facility was really nice! Definitely give them a try!!

Pedro: I am in Salamanca, and from what I have heard- Valladolid is close? I looked on the Renfe website and looks about an hour by train. If you want, we could try and do some WOD's some saturday. I'm brand new to crossfit, but am learning!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #28
Elizabeth Spragins

Profile:

Hey guys,

There are two boxes in Madrid (CrossFit Madrid and Mundo CrossFit) and one in Zaragoza (CrossFit Zaragoza). There's also some in the Canary Islands and Mallorca but that's probably a bit of a schlep for a daily WOD

Liz
Old 06-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #29
Scott Ewan

Profile:

Tried contacting CrossFit Madrid the other other day - as I'm going there on business soon.
Haven't had a response yet.
Used the email address of their website - does anyone know if this is out of date?
Or am I just being impatient

Ta
Old 06-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #30
Scott Ewan

Profile:

It was just me being impatient!
CF Madrid are most welcoming ... can't wait