CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 08-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #21
Stephen Smith

Profile:
Re: Most Embarassing Crossfit Moments

Not really a gaffe, but it was definitely humbling. A couple weeks ago while on the way back from Tx to Cali I took the opportunity to stop at CF Wichita Falls and do a workout. Being corrected on my squat form by a couple of the guys who were there working out was definitely to my benefit, but I had thought I was going deep enough, and I was a little bummed at how 'off' my perception of how I was squatting was... I'm definitely a lot more conscious of my form now, though, and hopefully I won't feel as embarrassed next time I do power lifts around people who really know what they're doing! I really need to train with other CrossFitters, so I can continue to get good feedback...
Old 08-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #22
Victor Putz

Profile:

Not my gaffe or CF related, but...

Quote:
I managed to knee myself in face. I knocked myself over (and almost out) and sat stunned on the floor for about 30 seconds tasting iron in my mouth.
At least you did it to yourself. I allowed someone else to do it to me when he said "I bet I can kick a plastic cup off your head" and I allowed him to roundhouse kick me in the temple because I'm an idiot.

(as far as I can tell he didn't actually MEAN to miss, and it didn't have much force behind it, but it sure sucked...).

Best CF gaffe (unseen) was when I was using a box of books as an improvised Fran weight for thrusters, put it above my head, and had the bottom of the box rupture. I dodged most of the book shrapnel but took a couple of good ones in the shoulder. That was when I decided I needed to just invest in the dang barbells...
Old 08-13-2008, 07:19 PM   #23
John Seiler

Profile:

I was warming up on C&J's. Had 135# on the bar. When transitioning from catch to jerk I neglected to wrap my thumb around the bar. At the very top I lock out and the bar rolls off my hands and right into the noggin. Naturally this made a bit of racket so my members turned around to see a bouncing bar and a cussing GM holding his head. No blood and only a very small bump. Gotta love those German and Eastern European ancestors!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:14 AM   #24
Damon Stewart

Profile:

I was doing a little work with some new chains I picked up from the BFS scratch and dent room. I had two 30# chains on a 15# bar and it seemed like a good idea to try a snatch....in front of 15 clients. As I started the snatch the chains moved slightly away from my body and then slightly back in resulting in a huge blow to my forehead. I would have played it off if I didn't have a huge welt and tears in my eyes. No more chain snatches.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #25
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Last summer/fall, I decided to do some Oly lifting at night and there were still a few of the kids around at the gym. I told them to keep their distance and started off with a snatch of around 100 pounds. This was a non oly bar, just a straight bar but I was on gym mats around the pommel area.

As I threw it up, I lost my grip on it and it went up and I didn't see where it was. I rolled forward and it landed behind me a few feet.

Of course, the girls could not stop laughing and giggling. I decided I needed to bump the weight up so I would not have to deal with it being too light and flying somewhere above my head and trying to dodge it.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #26
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

I was doing hang snatches and didn't make the third rep. The bar dropped about 12 inches onto my noggin, sending me in one direction and the bar in another. I regained my feet and went to the bathroom to check it out. THe trainers then made me go home. I kept saying "But I have another working set and two more excersizes, I'm not done yet".
Old 08-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #27
John Seiler

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
I was doing hang snatches and didn't make the third rep. The bar dropped about 12 inches onto my noggin, sending me in one direction and the bar in another. I regained my feet and went to the bathroom to check it out. THe trainers then made me go home. I kept saying "But I have another working set and two more excersizes, I'm not done yet".
Strong like bull!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:54 AM   #28
Mike Goldberg

Profile:

I farted on one of the "Deal or No Deal" models.

True story.

Briefcase #19 model goes to our CrossFit. Nice girl. Anyway, we're practicing Turkish Get Ups before the workout. And her face is like 5 inches from my arse. Anyway... as I'm carefully moving from a laying to kneeling position, I just rip one. It just happens. And there's no music going on yet, so it's not like she couldn't hear it. I mean, it was pretty loud.

She was polite enough to pretend it didn't happen, but how could she NOT notice? I mean, she was in point blank range.

I wish I could say I was embarrassed by this, but honestly I'm actually feeling kind of accomplished. I mean, if it's going to happen, go big, huh?
Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #29
Nik Nichols

Profile:

I got nothig as good as Mike here, but i was doing the 150 wallball WOD and second throw the ball hits funny and bounces right into my lower lip, yep spitting a little blood at 6:30am doing crossfit, kick in the pride.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #30
Andy Gann

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Goldberg View Post
I farted on one of the "Deal or No Deal" models.
As I scrolled down the thread and read this first line, I just about spit my gum onto my laptop monitor!