CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #11
Ryan Andrew Muller

Profile:
Re: Most Embarassing Crossfit Moments

While not strictly related to crossfit it's still pretty embarassing.

I was practicing Hap-Ki-Do roundhouse and high kicks in an empty group workout room at my gym. I had been doing Hap-Ki-Do just long enough to be dangerous.

Well, I started going higher and higher with my high-kicks and decided to try to see if I could hit the ceiling tiles. I wound up, crouched down a a little since I would need to jump and put all of my force into the kick. Somehow (the details will forever remain fuzzy) I managed to knee myself in face. I knocked myself over (and almost out) and sat stunned on the floor for about 30 seconds tasting iron in my mouth.

I chipped my front teeth and gave myself a HUGE black left eye. As I walked out of my globo gym I got quite a few strange stares from the patrons and trainers as my eye was swollen like a plum.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #12
Derek Maffett

Profile:

I whacked myself in the face during a PVC snatch recently. Yes, PVC. I was doing an exemplary job of keeping the bar close and somewhere around the turnover - thwack.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #13
Jake Di Vita

Profile:

Doing muscle ups on rings on a power cage - neglected to take the bar off the rack behind me. Hard kip and bam - smashed the top of my head into the bar sending it flying into the air and crashing down on the safety bars. Best part was I was demo'ing it for 5 people at the time.

Yah...it hurt...
Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #14
Jimi Miller

Profile:

Nothing bruised by my ego on this one. Was practicing pistols when, on the downward motion, I got distracted by an attractive female walking by. Totally fell on my arse. It was like a bad sitcom.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #15
Danielle Benford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tereza Ohley View Post
...I'll start...knowing me I should expect a few more, but this is my first CF gaffe!

This morning I decided to wear some decrepit old boxer shorts--the woven kind with no give--to the gym. (I should admit that they were originally purchased for the 200+ lb Mrs. Smalls, but he's never worn them because they're just that crappy)

So I'm happily doing today's WOD (squat thrusts), when all of the sudden a loud RIP reverberates throughout the gym. My shorts had split down the back seam, revealing my prodigious derrière. To make matters worse, I was wearing those juvenile type of panties that say something dumb across the back, specifically "Invite Only." Being the good little CF'er that I am, I continued my workout, a** exposed, and simply resolved to continue cleaning up my diet--and buy some better workout clothes.

she made me laugh so hard that I almost dropped a DB on my head (no..actually I did bump my head with it). I'm sure my time will come for a XF blooper... I'm pretty klutzy as is.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #16
Bart Hodlik

Profile:

I felt pretty dumb, when I was showing someone brand new, how to do a squat clean and jerk; and as I'm demonstrating the jerk, I fail to clear the front of my face properly and so my chin, lips and underside of my nose became very intimate with the bar. Needless to say, the bar did not go where it was supposed to.
My recovery was telling them that, that was how NOT to do it.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #17
David Schlesselman

Profile:

I was doing the Filthy 50 and when I was doing the box jumps I misjudged and missed the box's edge. The box was flush against the wall and when I missed, the edge sliced my shin and I fell head and shoulder first into the wall. I use chalk board paint to record my WODs for the month and when I looked up there was a giant smear of chalk and sweat down the board. It kinda resembled a fly smacking the wind shield!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #18
Ben Chapman

Profile:

I've been stuck under a bar on the bench press and had to have somone come from across the room to help me... more than once. So that sucked.

I recently sent a kettlebell across the room at the YMCA near my house after about 50 flip catches, that one was noisy.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #19
Tereza Ohley

Profile:

Quote:
I recently sent a kettlebell across the room at the YMCA near my house after about 50 flip catches
That's like my worst nightmare! I'm sure that went over well with the staff! Hehe....
Old 08-08-2008, 11:35 PM   #20
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Chapman View Post
I recently sent a kettlebell across the room at the YMCA near my house after about 50 flip catches, that one was noisy.
What's more appropriate in that situation? "Fore!" or "Timber!"?