CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 08-05-2008, 05:44 AM   #11
Melissa Urban

Profile:
Re: CrossFit New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samy Daghir View Post
Hey guys, soon we should all have a badass crossfit home, Nuri Shakir who is local pro MMA fighter is opening a gym in the Manchester/Nashua area sometime before the end of Sept. There are a few of us who are putting together the money to not only get certified as Crossfit Trainers but we have our crosshairs on becoming affiliated too. It's awesome that there are other trainers out there somewhere close... I would love to get the info on your park sessions. Finding a group atmosphere to train in would be a unbelievable!
I've got a Level I Cert booked in 2009 (location to be determined, but it's bought and paid for), and I should be teaching my own KB classes by fall, so keep me posted as to the gym and affiliation efforts. While I'm not in a position to affiliate on my own right now, I'm more than willing to pitch in and help/work however I can.

Tell Nuri to open his gym in Manchester, as Nashua is too far for me to drive on a daily basis. Plus there are a ton of mill building spaces up here that would be perfect for a CF box.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #12
Wes Hendricks

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samy Daghir View Post
Hey guys, soon we should all have a badass crossfit home, Nuri Shakir who is local pro MMA fighter is opening a gym in the Manchester/Nashua area sometime before the end of Sept. There are a few of us who are putting together the money to not only get certified as Crossfit Trainers but we have our crosshairs on becoming affiliated too. It's awesome that there are other trainers out there somewhere close... I would love to get the info on your park sessions. Finding a group atmosphere to train in would be a unbelievable!
I have also been following the Crossfit Endurance WOD's for both the C2 and the running, going back and forth so if anyone is interested in that as well let me know, I am a novice in that arena for sure but I have already noticed a huge difference in my work capacity overall since I added that training.
I would love to help the cause anyway i can, whether its pitching in or help training people, just let me know.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #13
Samy Daghir

Profile:

I am meeting him down in Nashua tonight to look at a place on the line between there and Hudson. I will begin the mind games immediately, I would love to see him start a place right down the street from us. I will definitely keep the both of you posted so you can come help destroy innocent metabolic systems.
It always gets me fired up that people are so open and helpful...oh, and hell yes I will sign up for your cert as soon as I can as well as provide myself for slave labor in the preparation for it, if you need anything just let me know.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #14
Andrew Ager

Profile:

I just wish all this NH activity was closer to me!
Old 08-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #15
Patrick Haskell

Profile:

Nonsense. Nashua is where it's at. You need all those hyped-up Massachusetts commuters who only have an hour to work out and will do whatever they're told and pay more than the live free or die types. :stir:
Old 08-08-2008, 02:42 AM   #16
Bill Ennis

Profile:

Put it in the Nashua area !!!-just kidding- I'm in Nashua and would be willing to help in anyway to make this a reality. Please keep me posted.
Thanx.
Bill
Old 08-08-2008, 04:47 AM   #17
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Nashua wouldn't be a bad drive........as long as its not up on the amherst line end haha
Old 08-08-2008, 04:54 AM   #18
Bill Ennis

Profile:

I agree-closer to Rte3/Everett Tpke area would be easier. The traffic and lites on Amherst street are crazy . The Hudson/Nashua line ,as Samy was talking about ,would probably be great.
Bill
Old 08-08-2008, 06:07 AM   #19
Andrew Ager

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Haskell View Post
Nonsense. Nashua is where it's at. You need all those hyped-up Massachusetts commuters who only have an hour to work out and will do whatever they're told and pay more than the live free or die types. :stir:

Hell, I grew up in CA, what do I know? If something's going on in Nashua/Manchester, though, that just means I'll have to weasel my way down at some point.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:57 AM   #20
Samy Daghir

Profile:

Things seem to be coming together pretty good, I still want to hear more about the park workouts or any other type of group insanity going on, I guess this thread got a little hijacked but I would really enjoy hearing about the training and methods everyone is using.
I used to keep a log on the boards but I felt like such a tool for some reason, I must be a shy little bastard, much more comfortable creeping around back here where no one notices.
Just to be fair I think we need to abduct some of these guys that are way the hell up in north country, why not found a legion of pain seekers? I am going to be in Myrtle Beach from this Sunday until the following Saturday...No its ok I'll still check the boards. But it should be a good opportunity to check out some other affiliates and plain ol' crossfitters.