CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 05-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Tom McKimm

Profile:
New to Crossfit in New Jersey

I just wanted to say hi to everybody and introduce myself.

I only learned about CrossFit about 1-2 months ago from a buddy at work, but the moment I saw the site my interest was piqued. Thanks to school projects and finals though, I've only been able to casually check things out(this also threw off my regular workouts and running).

But now I'm done for the summer and ready to get back into shape, and instead of going with the traditional "hit the gym and lift" program, I really want to get started with CrossFit. So here I am.

I'm a little intimidated though. I feel like a deer in the headlights. I'm having trouble figuring out where and how to start. While I considered myself in pretty good shape(at least before school projects killed my free time), seeing the stuff you guys go through almost every day, I feel like a lazy slob.

I want to change that though, and become truly strong, and I see CrossFit as the way to do that. So you'll see me lurking around here, and hopefully figuring it all out.

-Tom
Old 05-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #2
Randy Strauss

Profile:
Re: New to Crossfit in New Jersey

I don't know where Mount Freedom is, but you can find the closest Crossfit affiliated gym by clicking here. Simply go down the left side of the page and click on New Jersey.

After things settle down from my son getting home from University, I'm going to check out the Montclair and South Orange gyms.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Tom McKimm

Profile:

Crossfit Morris County seems to be the closest to me, but I'm not sure if I should start there or on my own. Price is a concern with me since I'm a student.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #4
Malcolm Chisholm

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom McKimm View Post
Crossfit Morris County seems to be the closest to me, but I'm not sure if I should start there or on my own. Price is a concern with me since I'm a student.
Tom,
my name is Malcolm Chisholm and I run CrossFit @ Run Jump Lift in South Orange, NJ. We are accepting Athletes and we have a discounted rate for students. If you are interested, we'd love to have you. Contact me @
Run.Jump.Lift@Hotmail.Com
www.RunJumpLift.com

Thanks & Good Luck,
Malcolm